[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
From 2,000 to 10,000 Words a Day : Conversation question • Page 4 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

From 2,000 to 10,000 Words a Day

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Re: From 2,000 to 10,000 Words a Day

Postby James A. Ritchie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:15 pm

Fictional Cowboy
Corporal

Postby Fictional Cowboy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:47 pm

~ Cowboy

If you're so inclined, feel free to correct my punctuation. I'm relearning.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are always my opinions, my thoughts and information based on my research. There are exceptions, and no one right way, to do everything.

123count
Private E-1

Postby 123count » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:31 am

Writing 10,000 words ... you must be that good!
Your thoughts flow smoothly and you write with no issues.
I'd be having a hard time if it was me.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:49 am

wonderwriter
Private E-1

Postby wonderwriter » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:22 am

If you write so many words a day how can you still produce good writing? Where do you get the ideas from after a while. It must be tiring and frustrating because it's not possible to enjoy writing then.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:58 pm

wonderwriter
Private E-1

Postby wonderwriter » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:56 am

Not necessarily. I don't write that fast but still enjoy it. It's entirely down to the individual. I think the key is to find your own rules and not feel you have to stick to anybody else's.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:43 am

james.ticknor
Private E-1

Postby james.ticknor » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:03 pm

I thought it was fantastic. I have found that some time to plan the scene a bit just before you write it does wonders. You're not so focused on what's going to happen, so it helps with worldbuilding when you write because your brain can think of things other than "How is the plot going to progress forward through dialogue?". Anne Rice is a big believer in this and devotes about 15 minutes to daydreaming at the computer before each writing session. Gotta get those creative juices flowing!

wonderwriter
Private E-1

Postby wonderwriter » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:18 am

Ah daydreaming, yes I can do that very well :)

PreviousNext

Return to Conversation question