[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Do not like the codes. : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Do not like the codes.

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
DrG2
Colonel

Do not like the codes.

Postby DrG2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:33 pm

This is the third post I've had to use a code to submit. I do not like this. Is it going to be a continual thing?

robjvargas
Captain

Re: Do not like the codes.

Postby robjvargas » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:45 pm

it wouldn't be bad if it was a one-time thing, or even once a day, but it's irritating me. It's not always clear which character is represented, although it seems to have been reduced to a 4 character code, which is a step in the right direction.

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:21 pm

I wrote my own captcha once, it was comprised of monkeys.
The Rule of Three

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:43 pm

First you complain about the spam, and now the method to prevent it. I can see we're not going to have happy campers on this site ever again.

Frankly, this is the first I've ever seen a CAPTCHA for making posts. The ones I've used have prevented individuals from registering altogether.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:51 pm

for the record, I don't think I ever complained about the spam.

and now, we're back up to seven characters. sigh.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:54 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Jowen
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Jowen » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Just checking to see how the codes work. Don't see a problem with it if it solves the problem. Clearing the spam was way too much work for Paul and Terry, and it was only band-aiding the problem, which was getting worse each day.
[imge=3509-3]

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:36 pm

I just entered and had to use the code. Is that what is called a CAPCHA? If not, what is it?

As for the code, due to the pale green and pink letters, I had to use the magnifying glass to read them. I don't mind a small code, but why the pastel colors?
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:55 pm

The Rule of Three

Next

Return to FAQs