[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Title a chapter or not title a chaper,that is the question : Conversation question • Page 5 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Title a chapter or not title a chaper,that is the question

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Re: Title a chapter or not title a chaper,that is the questi

Postby James A. Ritchie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:48 am

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:50 am

ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:35 pm

didn't you guys see the post from the person who ACTUALLY WAS a typesetter?

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:30 am

i certainly did, drg... and i assume james did, as well... but nothing that former typesetter wrote conflicts with the advice james and i have given, so i'm at a loss as to why you would think we need to be reminded of it...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:48 am

I've been away from the WD scene for a little while. While the controversy over how to indicate line breaks is interesting, was the OP's question ever answered?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

MookyMcD
Captain

Postby MookyMcD » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Silvia Acevedo
Private E-1

Postby Silvia Acevedo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:56 pm

Chapter titles are great for MG and YA stories. They give a clue to what's coming up, are fun to reinterpret once the chapter's over, and help readers to later find the spot that something happened earlier in the story. My YA novel has *two* titles per chapter, both with double meanings and none with spoilers. Readers who go back to read just the chapter titles (and I was one of those readers as a kid) have a lot of fun with them.
S. Acevedo
Author, God Awful Loser, coming May 2015
www.silviaacevedo.com

Previous

Return to Conversation question