Need an analogy

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
LMGilbert
Lieutenant

Re: Need an analogy

Postby LMGilbert » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:44 pm

Dandelions, you weed one out over here, five more come up over there. Also for the home-owner, plumbing problems and drainage back-ups... the cat analogy is good, but the phrase "herding cats" is probably too cliche. A boiling pot, when you put the lid on, it boils over and messes up the stove.

Crono91
Lieutenant

Postby Crono91 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:16 pm

Emotions rise and lower like a game of chess. With each piece claimed, hate can turn into peace. Or peace into destruction.
Be proud of your mistakes when they form from blinding passion. But now edit them.

TLCole
Private E-1

Postby TLCole » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:29 pm

In my recent experience putting liquid dish soap in the washer. No matter how much I stuffed the damn suds pouring out back in.. they just kept multiplying. It was horrible. Not what you were looking for probably, but I couldn't help adding my 2 cents since I did this yesterday. Worse than you could imagine. So bad I actually considered getting the vacuum to suck up all the bubbles and suds that wouldn't stop coming. The electric, plugged into a wall outlet (by the wet suds) vacuum.

Previous

Return to Conversation question