[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
I Really Need to Know : Covers & Formatting • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

I Really Need to Know

Noizchild
Sergeant Major of the Army

I Really Need to Know

Postby Noizchild » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:56 pm

How do I make book covers for myself? What programs do I need? Where are the best sites for free pictures? I know how to use Photoshop a little bit, but I don't have it on my laptop at this time. Please help me out for future book covers that I plan to do.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

Laycrew
Major

Re: I Really Need to Know

Postby Laycrew » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 pm

I just discovered a website the other day that I've been playing with.
Go to www.canva.com. Check out the Kindle Cover template. It is very limited what pictures they have but I was able to make a couple covers for stuff I've been working on. They were really easy to make. The pictures I picked I need to pay a dollar for to get the covers. I might try taking a few pictures and uploading those and then the cover won't cost anything. As far as making a cover for a paperback, I'm not so sure. I think Createspace has a template. I haven't gotten this far yet but I wonder if you could take the canva cover and then use the Createspace template to make the rest of the cover. Pls has the most experience with Createspace and self-publishing.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:03 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Noizchild
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Noizchild » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:17 pm

What if you don't have stable income?
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:58 pm

Then look up Canva. Like I said, it might cost you a dollar.

Or do some Google searches for pre-made Kindle covers. You might find something in your price range. I just bought a couple that I picked the pictures out for that cost about $35 each but she just upped her prices on those. You can find some decent pre-mades for $25 sometimes when a cover artist is having a sale. Honestly, you are just going to have to do your homework because there is a wide variety of stuff in a wide price range. Some of the cheaper stuff looks just as nice as the pricey stuff. It all depends on what your looking for.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

JessC
Private E-1

Postby JessC » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:34 pm

I'm using www.covertocoverdesigns.com now. You can try it. It is a freelance design studio focusing on personalized, affordable services for self-published authors.

Return to Covers & Formatting