[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Writing and REAL LIFE: What are your thoughts? : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Writing and REAL LIFE: What are your thoughts?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

Writing and REAL LIFE: What are your thoughts?

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:25 am

Good Morning,

I have a discussion question for those who would like to participate in the question i have. So here it is, "Do you believe just like a fiction/non-fiction story, that in real life the ending of the scene always ties in with the first (beginning) scenes? Do you believe it's a fate, destiny, or karma kind of thing? Why or Why not?"

Crono91
Lieutenant

Re: Writing and REAL LIFE: What are your thoughts?

Postby Crono91 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:33 am

Does the ending, as in death, tie into the beginning, as in life?
Be proud of your mistakes when they form from blinding passion. But now edit them.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:29 am

first of all, what are you referring to as a 'scene' in re 'real life'?
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Crono91
Lieutenant

Postby Crono91 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:50 am

Be proud of your mistakes when they form from blinding passion. But now edit them.

The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:37 am

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:51 am

Yes, inasmuch as every choice we make determines what future choices are available to us. Does that mean that, ultimately, we have complete free will?

I'm sitting across the table from a lady, the same age as me, who has children the same ages as mine, lives in the same cookie-cutter kind of house as me, whose household income is roughly the same as mine. We attend the same church, belong to the same home education group (that's how we met), and live in the same town. We are good friends.

How we got to be sitting at the same table, however, came about by two different paths of life experience, crossing thousands of miles of geography. We are drastically different people, yet the choices she made along the way, and the choices I made along the way, led us both to the same table, at the same moment. We can look back on each scene, maybe call them turning points, in our lives when making a different choice may have altered the path, but can we say for certain that the path, eventually, would have put us exactly at this table, at this moment in time? Who knows?

That question is for philosophers, theologians, and theoretical physicists. :)
Peace,
Cindy

http://www.gooblink.com
cindy@gooblink.com
Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/gooblink
-----
Not all things countable are worth counting and not all things that count are countable. - Albert Einstein

The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:17 pm

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:42 pm

Peace,
Cindy

http://www.gooblink.com
cindy@gooblink.com
Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/gooblink
-----
Not all things countable are worth counting and not all things that count are countable. - Albert Einstein

The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:46 pm

Fictional Cowboy
Corporal

Postby Fictional Cowboy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:58 pm

I think the answer to your question certainly depends on each person's view on life, so I agree with the question being philosophical, theological or any other core belief system. You asked for personal beliefs in karma, fate, etc., and why we believe that way, so I'll state mine.

I am unshakeable in my Christian faith. It is the foundation for everything I believe and do. I believe the Bible is the true, inspired Word of God in it's original form and that God is omniscient. He is love, but He's also holy and just. The Bible lays out His plan for mankind. There's a beginning, a middle and an end to life as we know it on this earth and an eternity after that. Everything we do now affects our place in that eternal plan. Therefore, there is reason and purpose for every person, situation, event, decision, motive, consequence, and outcome. Even when I can't see it or don't know what it is, I trust God that it's still true and leave the results in His hands.

Why do I believe this? Because my 31 years of personal experience and relationship with God has given me 100% proof that He's real, what He says is true, and that every detail of the plan He laid out in the Bible will come to pass. It's the only thing in this life that I know without a hint of doubt.
Last edited by Fictional Cowboy on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Cowboy

If you're so inclined, feel free to correct my punctuation. I'm relearning.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are always my opinions, my thoughts and information based on my research. There are exceptions, and no one right way, to do everything.

Next

Return to Conversation question