[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Where do your ideas come from? : Conversation question • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Where do your ideas come from?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
MookyMcD
Captain

Re: Where do your ideas come from?

Postby MookyMcD » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:26 pm

I don't disagree with that at all. That's why I chose the word germinate -- it's an organic process for sure. And often story ideas that were long ago run a little ways out before I discarded them show up on the page as something some secondary did to connect two dots in a completely different story. And I don't even notice it until after the writing process is ended.

Fictional Cowboy
Corporal

Postby Fictional Cowboy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:52 pm

:( You mean I've been doing it all wrong? On the third evening after a new moon, I soak in a mint leaf and cinnamon bark bath for 53 minutes, sing a 100 year old, delightful song about the Wee Folk, and leave $7.50 under my pillow, when I go to bed, for the... Hey! Wait just a minute! MOM!
~ Cowboy

If you're so inclined, feel free to correct my punctuation. I'm relearning.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are always my opinions, my thoughts and information based on my research. There are exceptions, and no one right way, to do everything.

123count
Private E-1

Postby 123count » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:17 am

An idea pops up to my mind when I see pictures, hear events or read stories.
Sometimes when I see a person that I have talked to sensibly should remind me that
this conversation can be appealing to write about. Sometimes, it is researched. ;)

Previous

Return to Conversation question