[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
A Talk Show For Writers: Survey and get to the point! : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

A Talk Show For Writers: Survey and get to the point!

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

A Talk Show For Writers: Survey and get to the point!

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Hello,

I know it's been a while since I've posted; I've been busy. I have accomplished a few new things since
the last time I've been on here. Also, I just finished celebrating the life of my first unborn child (baby shower),
and everything was great: the food, the drinks, the music, the gifts, etc. But let's get to the point. I've been
working on an idea for all of the writers out there; aspiring and established. I'm not going to be putting out
the log line and synopsis/ Treatment in this post, but I'm more focused on the name for the show. So my
question for y'all has everything to with writers, crafting, ideas, experience, accomplishment, knowledge, etc.
I have listed below three (3) names that I came up with. Please, all I'm asking is that you just choose a name that
sounds appealing to you. Again, my log line and synopsis/treatment will be posted for your feedback very soon!

A. Conquering Red Ink
B. Writer's Defiance
C. Creative Denotation

Keep your post positive, and if you want to suggest something added onto what I have chosen, please feel free to do so. Remember this would be a talk show for aspiring and already established writers/authors. I think we deserve a talk show that we can all enjoy, daily. This project is for the year 2015-16. Keep a look out for my next post on what the talk show will consist of, and many other treats!

Thanks,
The_Mad_Ink3R

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: A Talk Show For Writers: Survey and get to the point!

Postby mammamaia » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:20 am

more info would help:

a talk show for what?... tv?... radio?... the net?

are you going to produce it?... host it?... or what?

why do you think you'd need a 'logline and synopsis/treatment' for a talk show?

as for the suggested titles, none of them say 'talk show' to me...

sounds like an ambitious project... but one that will be quite costly to produce, unless you're going the youtube route... but if it's to be d-i-y video, how will you get the guests?... won't they all have to be living nearby, which would be pretty limiting [unless you're in NYC or LA]?
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:28 am

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:30 am

how do you expect to get it on tv?... do you have the backing of or connections to network or cable bigwigs?... or is it intended for a local free-access station?
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Mike1950
Private E-1

Postby Mike1950 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:09 pm

null
Last edited by Mike1950 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Postby Elibet1 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:44 pm

My questions:
what's the point of a talk show for writers?

After the initial few shows on how to write the great novel, and get published, what is left to talk about?

Seriously, I cannot imagine such a show. A series of workshops, I can see those, but talk shows?

How would these shows make money? How much advertising would a daily Writer's talk show need to cover costs? Even a weekly show would cost a fortune, unless the accomplished Novelists did the show free-gratis, and I can't see that happening either.

Interesting... :)

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Brandon Sanderson and friends do a podcast/youtube video series called Writing Excuses, and it's quite popular.

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:53 pm

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:22 am

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:23 am

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Next

Return to Conversation question