[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
A greeting and a poem : Poetic Asides • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

A greeting and a poem

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
Aetherwolf
Private E-1

A greeting and a poem

Postby Aetherwolf » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:58 am

I have recently found this site. I was told by a friend that I should pursue my poetry as a craft instead of a hobby
So I extend greetings to all the poets here and hope to count myself among your number.
I have enjoyed reading others work here.
In return I will share some of mine.

Daybreak

Cast forth the sparks of memory
Within the silhouette of dreams
To light the path the spirits walk
From mother earth to worlds unseen

Spin forth the mind O restless heart
Astride the rays of rising dawn
From deepest dark to golden light
To find the path to travel on

A peaceful time the birth of day
From night ruled by the silver moon
In neither one may we long stay
Time moves us forward far too soon.

max2011
Captain

Re: A greeting and a poem

Postby max2011 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Welcome! Great poetry!

Storylover02
Private E-1

Postby Storylover02 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:20 pm

I really like this. You have a great vocabulary without overdoing it, and I really like the rhyme!

Billie Bowman Daddario
Private E-1

Postby Billie Bowman Daddario » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:44 pm

I really like the rhythm of the poem and the imagery. I kind of got lost at the end. I think it could have stronger imagery at the end.

offsetemily
Private E-1

Postby offsetemily » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:32 pm

This is gorgeous!

Yes, publish your poems. You have a clear and mature voice.

cacheempty
Private E-1

Postby cacheempty » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:03 pm

kdaniel171
Private E-1

Postby kdaniel171 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Such a nice poetry, the use of vocabulary, phrases and everything is amazing. You should keep on writing such a wonderful poetry.

madoperk
Private E-1

Postby madoperk » Tue May 19, 2015 10:01 am

That's really wonderful poetry, the rhyme is excellent you should keep going.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Tue May 19, 2015 11:08 am

Wow! That is a great poem thank you for sharing it with all of us. Hope to read some more of your poetry. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

CreativeHeart75
Private E-1

Postby CreativeHeart75 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:31 pm

This was great! I love the rhymes. :)

Next

Return to Poetic Asides