[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Why promote ebooks for free : General Questions & Discussions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Why promote ebooks for free

Marycv

Why promote ebooks for free

Postby Marycv » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:19 am

I have heard from quite a bit of people to sell ebooks for free, it will help with my sales. I really don't understand this concept. Amazon is the only site I know of that does it for free. I spoke to an author, and she said not to do it free. Most people download it because it is free, but later end up deleting it. The author sees a huge spike in downloads, because it is free, and they get too overwhelmed because of that. Do you agree with what this author said? Has having free books helped your sales? I am curious to know.

pls
Site Admin

Re: Why promote ebooks for free

Postby pls » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:42 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Premm
Private E-1

Postby Premm » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:27 am

Promoting eBooks for free helps for promoting everything without any cost. As we know that people may like the book and go viral. In such cases , authors can have good advantage and sell their book for maximum level.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:11 pm

My two books on Smashwords evoked several page views, but no paid-for downloads (even at 99c) so I decided to offer them free for a period, say to the end of August. In four days I've had 12 downloads of one book and six of the other. I haven't any plans to write more stories in that genre but maybe I should, and leave these two stories up for free to keep my pseudonym "out there". What do you think?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:55 am

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:19 am

Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:26 pm

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:39 am

Thank you again, pls. I'll take my Smashwords' format guide with me on holiday and borrow my sister's computer then I can publish my stories on Amazon from England. It doesn't matter if I screw up. I'll put things right in November. :)

SangitaSingh
Private E-1

Postby SangitaSingh » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:04 am

So far I haven't launched my book for free but am planning for some freebies (or to make it free for some period) but I'm really confused whether its good or bad idea. Once it is free, people expectations will be high and wait for the free books, no? Or, I'm just pondering in the wrong way?

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:06 am

Next

Return to General Questions & Discussions