[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The latest from J. D. Konrath: $$$ : General Questions & Discussions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

The latest from J. D. Konrath: $$$

pls
Site Admin

The latest from J. D. Konrath: $$$

Postby pls » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:21 pm

J. D. tells it like it is: http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/2012/09/k ... sales.html

However, if you love the Big Six and are easily offended, stay away.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

shadowwalker
Captain

Re: The latest from J. D. Konrath: $$$

Postby shadowwalker » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:59 pm

I don't "love" the Big 6, but Konrath offends me, so...
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:35 pm

He doesn't offend me, but I don't believe everything he says.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:55 am

"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

allz28
Captain

Postby allz28 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:38 am

I must say that when Konrath stopped by here to discuss self-publishing last year, I was disappointed in him. He didn't want to answer the tough questions even though we were being very kind.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:21 am

The elephant hiding behind the curtains is the fact that J. D. Konrath established his "platform" via print publishing before he added e-publishing to his retinue. Maybe that's why he's raking in a lot more cash than I am, lol.

Am I wrong in stating that too many writers publish "stuff" before it has been polished and … yes, vetted like a hard-copy book is through the entire process of agent acceptance, agent suggestions for revision, publisher acceptance, publisher revision, etc.? Any predictions as to whether the volume of quickly-written books sent to e-publishing will increase or decrease?

Anyone seen income figures for Amanda Hocking's hard-copy books? One person in a Facebook post stated that they weren't doing so well. (Let's hope that she hired a competent editor for them.)
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:41 am

Return to General Questions & Discussions