[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Publishing on Smashwords : Self-Publishing Markets • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Publishing on Smashwords

wondo
Colonel

Re: Publishing on Smashwords

Postby wondo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:06 am

There is a thread for markets at the bottom. Maybe that would be the place for that discussion? this one is supposed to be for covers and formatting.
A garden is a place not just for growing plants. It is a place to grow the soul as well.

http://www.mossyfeetbooks.com/

http://www.facebook.com/ae.mableson

http://www.indianaplaces.com/

http://www.aemableson.com

gesler0811
Sergeant Major

Postby gesler0811 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm so glad to read of your experience. It is always nice to get first hand information on this kind of thing. I am planning to go the Smashwords route when I wrap up my novel sometime in November (I'm estmating) and I am pleased to hear, expecially, that the ePub conversion experience went smoothly. I have been very concerened about that, having come across some horribly formatted ePubs on their site. It left me wondering if the author did something wrong or if whatever conversion tool Smashwords uses was glitchy.

What's your book title?

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:10 am

I'm glad you found my account of the self-publishing process useful, gesler0811. I haven't published on Amazon yet, but do intend to do so. If I come up against any problems, I'll let you know about them.

My book is called "Brotherly Love" written under a pseudonym. It is adult romantic fiction. Not your cup of tea? Not mine, really, either, but it makes a change from YA/SciFi - my usual genre. Good luck in going the Smashwords route. :D
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

writesistah
Private E-2

Postby writesistah » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 am

Way to go, Dorothy! I'm scared of you!! Heck, I don't even know how to do that!

Here's to you selling many, many more! :D

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Thank you, writesistah! I was scared, but I had nice people holding my hand all the way through the process. They'll help you, too. You only have to ask. :)
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.

rweinstein6
Lieutenant

Postby rweinstein6 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Congrats on your first sale, Dorothy!

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:19 am

Thank you, Rebecca. I've got another book out there now so, once again, I'm hoping for sales. :D

sherry_soule
Private E-1

Postby sherry_soule » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Congrats! Smashwords formatting requirements can be daunting. LOL

But unfortunately, sales on Smashwords can be slow. 95% of my book sales are through Amazon.

Anyhoo, best of luck with your writing career!

Sherry Soule | | | | |

Previous

Return to Self-Publishing Markets