[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Second time around : General Questions & Discussions • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Second time around

EccentricKim
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Second time around

Postby EccentricKim » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Previously published writer starting over.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:41 pm

No, I haven't changed my mind again. I'm still waiting to hear from PageSpring. However, I have heard from Smashwords answering my questions and I thought you might like to see what they wrote:

Hi, Joni.
Thanks for your email. Here are the answers to your questions.
1. Do you need a new ISBN? If the ISBN is attached to the .ePub version of your ebook, then no. If it's attached to your Kindle version, or your PDF version, or any other ebook version, then Bowker and the International ISBN Agency strongly recommend you get a new ISBN. We at Smashwords also strongly recommend you assign a unique ISBN to your Smashwords books, because it will ensure you have a clean and accurate ISBN and will help prevent distribution delays. The ISBN at Smashwords is attached to your .ePub version. See the ISBN Manager to learn more at https://www.smashwords.com/dashboard/ISBNManager.
2. You should use the current date.
3. It's not necessary to list the previous publisher, however many authors do list this information.
4. You can keep the same cover. :-)
Best wishes, -Valerie M. Smashwords Content Team http://www.smashwords.com

....Still typing with my fingers crossed. :roll:
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Seven o'clock on a Sunday evening and I get a rejection from PageSpring. :cry: :cry: But at least it was quick.
Ah, well ... back to Smashwords.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:23 am

I'm over my disappointment and published Truth Will Out on Smashwords this morning. I'm charging $3.99 for it, bearing in mind the article that (I can't remember who) posted about cheaper or free novels not being picked up. Wish me luck! :D

PS: I did a bit of research. When I went to publish my ms I was told that it was 12th in line, so I should wait a few minutes.
It is now 2.17pm according to my computer and, since the first story was published today, 120 new stories have appeared. That's right. One hundred and twenty. I counted. And the day isn't over. Forty one novels have been published since Truth Will Out appeared on line.

Sheesh, the competition! I never thought the market would be this crowded. :o

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm a bit downhearted. :( I've had several downloads, but no more buyers yet. Patience, patience.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:32 pm

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Yes, downloading the sample, which to me says readers are not impressed enough to buy the whole story. :cry:

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:12 am

Thanks for the encouragement, pls. I think it's about time I uncrossed my fingers or they'll get stuck. :)

Previous

Return to General Questions & Discussions