[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Self Published Writers Forum : General Questions & Discussions • Page 9 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Self Published Writers Forum

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: Self Published Writers Forum

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Thank you for the link, Shadowwalker. I took a quick look, but apparently I need a blog to be able to participate. I deleted my blog several months ago because it took up too much of my time. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. But I do have two domains that were given to me that I've done nothing with yet. Perhaps when the grandkids go back to school I'll be able to set up one of them.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:11 pm

"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:04 pm

It looked to me as if I had to be a reviewer. I couldn't have read it right, so I'll go back and check again.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Yeah, there's a link if you want your site/blog listed as doing reviews. Otherwise, I believe the list there is all reviewers, with links for authors to get in touch with them.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:19 am

Beating the dead horse again. Yo MODS let's get a separate section for people interested in self-publishing.

I found an interesting article about price setting Ebooks by Mark Coker of Smashwords. This would work in the trade market as well.

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:32 am

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:59 pm

We did ask for one, and pls did his best by 'stickying' this thread. I don't suppose it's possible to cut and paste the contents of "Self Publishing is Inevitable" into this thread, so that the arguments for and against are all in the same place?

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:38 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm having another try at getting my manuscript ready for publishing to Smashwords. I stopped mid-format a few weeks ago because I realised my ending was pathetic and I've now written a much stronger one. So far, I've had no trouble with formatting the new version but I've reached the part in the Style Guide dealing with Tables of Contents. Mine is a short novel, only 48,000 words long. Do I really need a ToC? I see that Smashwords recommend it, but I've never created one in my life. What is your take, pls or Rebecca?

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:04 pm

I sent an email. I have no clout so if others could also send Brian a private message, he may see the need.

PreviousNext

Return to General Questions & Discussions