My Dream Collaboration

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Brian
Lieutenant

My Dream Collaboration

Postby Brian » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:38 am

Brian
Lieutenant

My Dream Collaboration

Postby Brian » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:38 am

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a thought-provoking question related to the writing life. In the July/August issue of WD, we interview a romance writer and a suspense author who joined forces to write a novel. If you could collaborate on a project with a famous writer, who would it be and why?

To be part of our monthly Conversation, e-mail your brief response
(up to 50 words) to writersdig@fwpubs.com with "My Dream Collaboration" as
the subject line or post it here.

StrangerBaird
Lieutenant Colonel

RE: My Dream Collaboration

Postby StrangerBaird » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:55 pm

If Eoin Colfer could be induced to write with this girl who loves Austen as much as any of her sci-fi influences, the result would be quite interesting. We share slightly overdone sarcasm, and his more grounded integration of technology would enliven my human-driven "science fiction". Corresponding would be hilarious...

Betsy Nicole

NurseConnie

Postby NurseConnie » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:05 am

Though gone, Eugenia Price, because of her page turning, can't put it down ability to capture a reader's heart and mind. She crafted well written novels with romance, action, historic value and intrigue; proving that a writer doesn't have to reduce themselves to smut or profanity to sell their work.

Connie Allen
connieallen@wayxcable.com

Gladys
Private E-2

Postby Gladys » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:27 am

My Dream Collaboration would be with Roy "Dusty" Rogers. I could pick his brain about his parents and together we could write the most personal intersting and thought provoking biography of Roy and Dale Rogers. It would be a personal interst article of the King of the Cowboys and Queen of the West. Who they were, why they were who they were and how they came to be?

JohnOBX
Brigadier General

Postby JohnOBX » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:54 am

I try my hand at almost every type of fiction be it fantasy or crime drama. Where I feel I struggle the most is trying to stay true to the voice of children in my writing, particularly young female characters. I'd enjoy working with someone like Judy Blume or Beverly Cleary who have a well established track record in that area.

myfair_98
Private E-1

Postby myfair_98 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:55 am

I have so many favorite authors it would be nearly impossilbe to choose only one. But as of late, Cornelia Funke is my favorite. If I could just touch her ink bottle I could be transported to her realm and witness true genius.

If only dreams really could come true!

Terri

DeannabR

Postby DeannabR » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:23 pm

My dream project collaborater would have to be Frank Perretti, for two main reasons: He changed my perception of what Christian Fiction could be like, showing me that it can be exciting and thrilling, yet still very heartfelt. Second, my strength lies with nonfiction, though I would very much love also find success in the fiction market.

JABarnes
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby JABarnes » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:50 am

I would have to say, Stephan King. I think a collaboration with him would make for a very interesting project. When I am asked who I compare myself to or who I look up to as a writer he is the number one one that list. We are both deep, dark, and highly imaginative individuals.

Julia
Private E-1

Postby Julia » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:42 pm

ohhhhh Eudora Welty---I think in her voice sometimes and it would be a blast to combine her refinement with my irreverence, I think

or maybe not, but it would be fun to try

Next

Return to Conversation question