[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
My humble introduction : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

My humble introduction

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

VictoriaE
Private First Class

My humble introduction

Postby VictoriaE » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:20 am

VictoriaE
Private First Class

My humble introduction

Postby VictoriaE » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:20 am

Hi everyone :)

I was referred to this site by some other writes that I saw online, and I have to say that I am very excited to see the forums so active! A lot of the writing sites that I have found so far have not been so active or helpful; quite wonderful indeed. I also gt my first issue of Writer's Digest in the mail recently and I adore it.

My name is Victoria E & I just started freelancing 2 months ago. So far, I am having fun building up my clips and I have actually gotten a few small paid assignments. Of course, I can only fo up from here and start making even more money.

I currently live just north of New York City on the NY and CT state border. I will be moving to San Francisco in May 2006 though. I look forward to chatting with a lot of you and I plan on sticking around for a good, long time.

dfletcher
Private E-1

RE: My humble introduction

Postby dfletcher » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:19 am

Hi Victoria E, I'm pretty new as well. Glad to meet you.

writeoff

Postby writeoff » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:13 pm

Hey Victoria E, glad you're here. We've been waiting for you. Belly up to the bar and tell us some stories.

Stan

jmpaulk

Postby jmpaulk » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:49 pm

Welcome, VictoriaE. I've only been around this forum for about a month and I have also been very pleased by all the activity and encouragement. Write on!

John

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:15 pm

Hi! Welcome to the forums! Always fun to meet someone who's ahead of the game in writing. Good luck with your writing and with your move.
Lynne

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:50 am

Welcome to the forums, Victoria! I checked out your website. Looks like you are involved in plenty of things! Quite a resume on you there, lady! Tell us all about your writing. Planning any novels? Best of luck! Look forward to more of your posts!

VictoriaE
Private First Class

Postby VictoriaE » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:54 am

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome :) we all know that being a freelancer can be pretty lonely, but this forum has helped me keep in contact with other writers. A true treat for anyone that is at home most of the day ;) Talking to the cats can get pretty old, I tell ya.

jasipper, you asked if I had any novels planned. At the moment, no. I am mainly focusing on doing magazine/trade articles and things of the like. That is what I enjoy most as far as writing, and that is where I want to start establishing my career. I have dabbled in short stories and the thought of writing a whole novel before, but if it happens, it will be another few years before I jump into that.

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:24 am

VictoriaE
Private First Class

Postby VictoriaE » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:30 am

Next

Return to Introductions