[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Maryland : Literary Hot Spots • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Maryland

We're looking for the hottest literary hot spots across the U.S. and need your help.
Brian
Lieutenant

Maryland

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:51 am

Brian
Lieutenant

Maryland

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:51 am

List your Literary Hot Spots in Maryland:

Name of City/Town:
Name of Hot Spot:
What makes this spot so great for writers?

While photos aren't required, we'd love them. If you don't know how to post a photo on our forum, visit "How do I post a picture?" in our forum's FAQ section:
http://www.writersdigest.com/mbbs/forum ... 87&posts=1

tisdal
Private E-1

RE: Maryland

Postby tisdal » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:08 am

I love being creative at Barnes and Noble in Pikesville, MD. Just to have the Starbucks in conjunction with shelves and shelves of books is a true inspiration for publication.

drwasy
Captain

Postby drwasy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:55 am

Joyce Seabolt
Private E-1

Postby Joyce Seabolt » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:14 am

Panera's in Bel Air, Maryland became our classroom one semester. We didn't have enough students to make up a writing class, so three of us met our teacher every week at Panera Bread. We had coffee and read our work. The teacher offered advice and gave us assignments. After our class, we had lunch around the beautiful stone fireplace. It was the best semester ever!
Joyce Seabolt

jmascia
Private First Class

Re: Maryland

Postby jmascia » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:04 am

I sit in Borders every weekend in Waldorf, MD and wite. I guess you can call that the literary hot spot for me.

Ultimate Cheapskate
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Ultimate Cheapskate » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:07 am

CreativityMasquerade
Private E-1

Postby CreativityMasquerade » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:24 am

I guess this would count, there's a small bookstore/cafe in Baltimore called Red Canoe, I haven't been yet, but it seems like a nice place. Once I'll go I'll be able to fully declare this a literary hotspot or not-as-often spot.

Ryann
Private E-1

Postby Ryann » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm in Maryland, and while I'm a complete amateur to writing still, I have noticed that the Barnes and Noble near my home in Germantown is crawling with writers. I've met a few. Also, I frequent a Starbucks in Germantown as well, where I've seen (what I can only assume to be) writers in the big comfy sofas, writing away.

D3x3001
Private E-1

Postby D3x3001 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:55 am

I say Elicott City in Howard Country. The old antique shops and all the historicness really brings to life the imagination of the writer, and if that doesn't you can always see the horrifying pictures of Agnes and the destruction it caused.

Next

Return to Literary Hot Spots