Your Last Line - 1/5

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
Br3ath31nn0ut
Private E-1

RE: Your Last Line - 1/5

Postby Br3ath31nn0ut » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:57 pm

I will never be one of the others. I will never understand them and they will never understand me. But that's okay, I tried. We are all going to die soon anyway. I guess evil does win sometimes.

dbgk32
Private E-1

Postby dbgk32 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:55 am

So here I rot, a pawn played masterfully by my old friend. I don't know what will happen next, but I do know that all of us deserve the fate that Brew's designed. For what it's worth, I am sorry.

dbgk32
Private E-1

Postby dbgk32 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:29 am

They watched as the door shut. A wedge of light fell to a sliver before going out altogether. There was a loud thud as the door met its jamb. In darkness now, the girl turned to where she knew the boy to be, "It was a good try, anyway." She whispered this as though a guard might be just beyond the heavy door. The boy responded with only a tear.. She may be in good spirits, but he had been here before and this time he knew there'd be no escape.

dbgk32
Private E-1

Postby dbgk32 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:30 am

Katrina could no longer think of a reason to stay. So with more than her share of memories and a knowing grin stitched to her face she left Upton. She walked right out on the main road and as she passed the battered welcome sign, she turned to dust and finally moved on.

dbgk32
Private E-1

Postby dbgk32 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:33 am

Undeground wasn't what I expected, exactly. It was cleaner, roomier and not quite as nasty as you might think--Somebody had made quite a few preparations for our arrival. They must have known for some time.--I let a drop of hope for the future grow in my heart, but not too grow too big. However decent these caves were, they were just that, caves; and we were cave people now.

dbgk32
Private E-1

Re: Your Last Line - 1/5

Postby dbgk32 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:38 am

A hole the size of a baseball burned through my thigh. Exposed steel, gears and wires sparked and fizzled. I held Arianna, lifeless and breathless, in my lap. All I could do was stare, mouth agape and eyes wide. I felt no pain, I guess I wouldn't; a robot, cyborg, whatever I am, shouldn't feel, right?

JAG1971
Private E-1

Postby JAG1971 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:32 pm

The lights in the prison flickered as they flipped the switch and I drew my last breath.

BCF
Private E-1

Postby BCF » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:39 am

The sword fell from her right hand, her fingers no longer able to clutch the hilt. It clattered to the packed dirt almost soundlessly. Her entire body quaked and as her knees finally gave out and she fell to the ground beside that sword it all went black.

Mira opened her eyes and looked around her bedroom. Nothing was out of place. She had been dreaming, she must have been, but... she looked down her right arm seeing the bandage.

UnicornBaby
Private E-2

Postby UnicornBaby » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:42 pm

Now the truth was revealed. What was thought to be only a fairytale, was standing in front of his very eyes. As the single horned mystery stepped gracefully out of the shadows, the man who once was blinded by logic, was now blinded by belief. He fell to his knees and bowed down to the divine creature, as his sight faded away.
My heart is my totem, a blackened beating taunt that soaks the Page with its prevail. Its blood becomes my ink as I stab the Pen into it. I heave forward with my hollow chest, entranced in my decay, sorry to say, that I am a writer of Darkness now.

katina
Private E-1

Postby katina » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:13 am

He literally had it in his hands, the note , that had shun the precious letters that spelt the word.
That very second, the world fell silent and he was gone somewhere with his thoughts.
Never before the truth spoke so clearly and yet the note dropped of his hand and there it went whistled by the wind , he did not look ...he forgot, maybe that was the way, the only way, to let it go.

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges