[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
E-Reader News Today - free books! : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

E-Reader News Today - free books!

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:34 am

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:34 am

This free-books-for-Kindle site (http://ereadernewstoday.com/free-kindle ... -11/673496/) listed my book (below) today, and immediately sales for it jumped (okay, technically they weren't "sales" but free downloads) enough to push it into the top ten Smashwords' YA fiction books.

I would suggest that anyone wishing free books of some quality subscribe to ERT's news feed (I get mine via Facebook), as only those which have high ratings are listed. These are all Kindle books, but many of them, and all the ones on Smashwords, can be downloaded as RTF's and PDF's - in other words, you can download and store them on a computer for future reading. Some (like mine) require a coupon code to obtain for free, and some cost a buck or two.

allz28
Captain

Re: E-Reader News Today - free books!

Postby allz28 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:39 am

Congrats on reaching the top ten, Paul. Hopefully this will drive up paying sales of some of the other books in the series.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:21 am

aliz28, that's exactly why I'm giving the first one away for FREE with that coupon code. It may take a little while for sales of the others to increase, but I can live with that!

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:09 am

Congratulations on reaching those lofty heights, Paul.  I'll be writing a review on your book 2 as soon as I can which hopefully will add a bit of weight to its sales, but I'm a bit bogged down at the moment. I haven't had time to read the other books yet.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:43 am

No problem, Dorothy. Take care of your own projects first.

Ultimate Cheapskate
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Ultimate Cheapskate » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:47 am

Congratulations Paul! So I assume that overall you're pleased with your e-publishing experience? Would love to hear any thoughts you have to share.

Lara S
Master Sergeant

Postby Lara S » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:09 am

Congratulations on the good news! I hope it moves on to the other books in your series and gets you some moolah!

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:28 pm

yellowducky
Private E-1

Postby yellowducky » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:15 am

aliz28, that's exactly why I'm giving the first one away for FREE with that coupon code. It may take a little while for sales of the others to increase, but I can live with that!

WOW your book on a kindle !! That is so great I was thinking of the staff to buy me a kindle instead of going to the library I have to save I think they cost 100euros at least .Its a new thing to have a kindle .Whats it like to own one of those?does it not strain ur eyes or anything ...? I heard the books can cost over 50euros just for one.and the memory isn't great ?? tell me tell me :D

Next

Return to Writers' Block Party