My Dream Collaboration

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
sb411us
Private E-1

Re: My Dream Collaboration

Postby sb411us » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:05 am

There are many writers I read that I'd love to collaborate with but I right now I have to say Janet Evanovich or Deb Macomber or Sue Grafton or Cathrine Coulter or maybe even Roy Stout. Can't decide. I love Stephen King but can't write that stuff.

Elvarryn
Corporal

Postby Elvarryn » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:50 am

Stephen King to learn more about what's going on in his mind and how he connects to his writing: James A Richie, because I guess he's a damn good mentor.

gumboWriters
Private E-2

Postby gumboWriters » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:16 am

it is not about crooked mental condition but it is more different thinking perspective.

Bridget O' Brady
Private E-2

Postby Bridget O' Brady » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:10 pm

I could have authors helping me ( it might sound original but...) William Shakespeare and Mark Twain because they are truely great writers and great imaginations. They also have great mindsets ( or from what I can tell from their stories and various quotes.) :)

AndreaClimbing
Private E-1

Postby AndreaClimbing » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:04 am

Only just spotted this thread... It's very interesting though.
I would love to work together with a few professional actors, to see how they would approach the most important characters in my novel, and make them more real. (I love character work) So I would invite my dreamcast over (casted by me for the hypothetical film version :mrgreen: ) and discuss the characters, their motivation, conflicts etc. and if they would act out some of the scenes... I'd be in heaven. The cast so far: Liam Neeson, Jeremy Irons, Bonnie Wright, Joseph Fiennes, Anjelica Huston, Emma Thompson, Ben Barnes and I need to sneak Gary Oldman in somewhere.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
— Mark Twain

Previous

Return to Conversation question