[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
My Dream Collaboration : Conversation question • Page 6 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

My Dream Collaboration

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Princess Blue
Private E-1

RE: My Dream Collaboration

Postby Princess Blue » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:39 pm

It would be quiet an honor to collaborate with Stephen King, who was such an inspiration to me, based on The Stand and The Talisman. King has a unique way of creative expression that I adore.

From my experience with my first recently completed novel that consist of drama, romance and adventure, might just be the perfect setting for a collaboration with someone such as Stephen King to produce a... chilling fantasy of impractical ideas. 

Princess Blue

ak; Midnight Blue...InTheHeartOfDixie         

Timeless
Sergeant First Class

Postby Timeless » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:50 am

Ribbons
Private E-1

Re: My Dream Collaboration

Postby Ribbons » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:13 pm

I would definitely like to collaborate with Max Brooks because he brings horror and survival, human struggle on both a personal and epic scale, to another level. I would definitely like to collaborate on something that further explores the world he's already wrought, and his deadly virus-- Solanum. :)

ThoughtfulPen
Private E-1

Postby ThoughtfulPen » Fri May 15, 2009 6:52 pm

It would have to be either Shana Abe or Teresa Medeiros. If I was to stir things up a bit and jump to another genre but still keep the vibe of my writing style, I would go with Christopher Paolini or J.K Rowling. However there are so may awesome writers out there it would be hard to pick just one!

PhonesRinginDude
Private First Class

Postby PhonesRinginDude » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:16 am

Bradbury would be such a great learning opportunity. Frank Herbert would have been a grand partner. However, I feel I would have been destined to write with only one man, providing I survived the experience.

Hunter S. Thompson

SkulleeRoze
Private E-1

Postby SkulleeRoze » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:35 pm

It comes to a tie for me. Anne Rice, the master of Vampire Literature, or Clancy. I would Love to work with Clancy. Anne because noone does Vampires better. And Clancy because, noone does what he does better.

MeLeesa Swann
Private E-1

Postby MeLeesa Swann » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:12 pm

I would have liked to work with Robert Jordan, but since he has passed, i would have to go with JK Rowling. She has such a good grasp of how to connect with people of all ages. I would especially love to work with her on my current idea. I think she could do amazing things with it, and help word it to where it would be enjoyable for everyone.

nhope
Lieutenant

Postby nhope » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:40 am

Wally Lamb. He puts into words what lies buried in the minds and hearts of regular people.

Pixel87
Private E-1

Postby Pixel87 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:49 am

Robert Jordan, hands down. His ability in writing MPOV is unmatched in my opinion. Also combining his adventures with my romance in the background would make an epic story.

sb411us
Private E-1

Postby sb411us » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:05 am

There are many writers I read that I'd love to collaborate with but I right now I have to say Janet Evanovich or Deb Macomber or Sue Grafton or Cathrine Coulter or maybe even Roy Stout. Can't decide. I love Stephen King but can't write that stuff.

PreviousNext

Return to Conversation question