My Dream Collaboration

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Dewe Special
Private E-1

RE: My Dream Collaboration

Postby Dewe Special » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:59 am

When it comes to writing books or stories and stuff I don't know. I've done music for so long the only books I normally read are to market your songs, music biz or legal aspects cuz I love contracts. When I think of collabortion I think of music and would love to work with Outkast for songwriting. If I could record an album produced by Dr. Dre and Timberland it would be crazy and finally to rock out with the Red hot Chili Peppers my life would be complete.

quillpens&parchment
Private E-1

Postby quillpens&parchment » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:15 pm

I would definitely pick J.K. Rowling (the Harry Potter series). Definitely. Or, if not her, then Christopher Paolini (the Inheritance series). Just meeting them would be a dream come true for me! :D

~Tiffany

jonthestoryteller
Corporal

Postby jonthestoryteller » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:58 pm

I love Philip K. Dick and his sense of clever creativity --- I wish that short stories had the audience they once enjoyed.  Peirs Anthony would be fun to work with as well...

kaymoon
Captain

Postby kaymoon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:26 pm

John Steinbeck would be amazing, although he's long gone. His work taught me how to write realistic characters. Either him or Truman Capote. I love his writing style and he would have been a hoot to work with. But then there's Thomas Wolfe, although he was a tad broody for my liking. The list goes on.....

Cheers,
Dorraine

herooftime8
Private E-1

Postby herooftime8 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:00 am

As I read these posts, I kept thinking of other writers I'd like to collaborate with. But the first two that came to mind were Stephen King and Terry Brooks. Both of these writers created worlds and characters that were very real to me as a reader, and it would be an honor to work with them.

jimdens
Major

Postby jimdens » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:04 pm

I'd really love to collaborate with Adriana Trigianni.  Her character development is flawless, and I could really use some help in that area.  Not to mention that her storytelling ability is absolutely fabulous!  

Myrtle
Private First Class

Postby Myrtle » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:45 am

Paretsky. Christie. Or, ohhhh, Hammett. Yeah.

noblew
Sergeant

Re: My Dream Collaboration

Postby noblew » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:12 pm

Terry Pratchett: witty, hilarious, delicious satire, with a broad and deep knowledge of myths and folklore.
Stephen King: plot, suspence, twists and turns.
Anne McCaffery: I am in love with dragons.
Jodi Picoult: I am in awe of the way she reveals the secret, one onion skin at a time + she has a beautiful grasp of imagery.
Geraldine Brooks: she keeps writing books about subjects I've all ready had a vague idea for, so seeing as I can't beat her I might as well join her. Fabulous historical novels, written with imagery, metaphor, description to die for and three-dimensional characters that walk into my living-room and take up residence.

TheProdigy2010
Private E-2

Postby TheProdigy2010 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:23 pm

I would team up with either Witi Ihimaera or Jerry Spinelli.
Witi Ihimaera because his books are so interesting the way they are set up with a situation occurring in modern New Zealand that's somehow connected to one of its old legends. Collaborate him and I and we could come up with something the world may not have ever seen.
Jerry Spinelli because I loved his books in junior high with all his original characters and the adventures they go on and for him to partner up with me, well, it might even be as if there's two of him writing.

Dan
Sergeant

Re: My Dream Collaboration

Postby Dan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:19 pm

It would be for one of three: Own Wister, Louis Lamour, and Mark Twain. But hey...that's just me.

Dan

PreviousNext

Return to Conversation question