[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Favorite Childhood book : Book Discussion • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Favorite Childhood book

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
pjune
Private E-1

Favorite Childhood book

Postby pjune » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:56 pm

pjune
Private E-1

Favorite Childhood book

Postby pjune » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:56 pm

Definitely ---

A WRINKLE IN TIME

which I read every year for many, many years.

Now that I'm taking some writing classes at UCLA, I plan on reading it again for my WRITING THE MIDDLE GRADE NOVEL class.

And I'm also catching up on some wonderful children's fiction that kids are reading today.

Take care,
June

skywalker421
Corporal

Re: Favorite Childhood book

Postby skywalker421 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:40 pm

Officer Buckle and Gloria is mine, but that's wayyyyyyyyyyyyy childhood.

skywalker421
Corporal

Postby skywalker421 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:40 pm

For YA, Ender's Game fo sho.

Tails
General

Postby Tails » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:00 pm

"Fo sho"...haha I'm your age and I still think it's hilarious, man...;)

Ok this isn't exactly way back in the day, but I really enjoyed Ruby Holler by Sharon...something when I was a little younger. :o

skywalker421
Corporal

Postby skywalker421 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:14 am

Sharon Creech. I use fo sho for comic effect btw.

Tails
General

Postby Tails » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:15 am

skywalker421
Corporal

Postby skywalker421 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:18 am

:D

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:21 pm

for 'childhood' it would be golden books' 'the pokey little puppy' i guess...

my childhood seemed to end at around 7, when i discovered nancy drew and the hardy boys, quickly followed by any/all books i could get my hands on, so i was reading the iliad and the odyssey by 9, along with devouring the entire 20 volume 'book of knowledge' and feasting on the earliest of sci-fi, agatha christie's and erle stanley gardner's every word... and too much else to list... so, the bottom line is i don't have a single 'favorite childhood' book, if you're referring to any age before one's teens...

skywalker421
Corporal

Postby skywalker421 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:34 pm

i was reading the hardy boys before i started kindergarten, and I couldn't understand why other kids weren't reading at that level. i had my own reading group.

Next

Return to Book Discussion