[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Finally going to get started : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Finally going to get started

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

kalbzayn
Private E-1

Postby kalbzayn » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:14 pm

kalbzayn
Private E-1

Postby kalbzayn » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:14 pm

After starting and stopping for several years, this year I'm actually going to start writing regularly. I'm even going to schedule it into my life. So hopefully, I'll poke around in here more regularly while taking breaks or while at work.

So, hello.

jasipper
Brigadier General

RE: Finally going to get started

Postby jasipper » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:02 am

kalbzayn
Private E-1

Postby kalbzayn » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:04 am

I only write fiction. I haven't really picked a "what I like to write" yet. I like to read lots of different things and have experimented with several of them. I always have trouble when I get around 1000-2000 words. I think I'm good with ideas, but not very good at developing them. So one of my big goals this year is to start writing things that push out around 5000+ words. I'm also going to keep trying to write different genres and styles until something seems like it might stick.

I can't do poetry. I just don't get it. And, I don't think I'm ready/interested in doing a full blown novel yet. I do like the idea of a novel of short stories that stand alone, but tie into a larger story. I have an idea for a couple of those that I'm playing around with outlines.

Good luck with the most recent book.

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:59 am

Return to Introductions