[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Promotion, Promotion, Promotion : Promotional Tips • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Promotion, Promotion, Promotion

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Promotion, Promotion, Promotion

Postby Noizchild » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:21 pm

I already put up a claim for my author page on GoodReads. What else should I do?
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

pls
Site Admin

Re: Promotion, Promotion, Promotion

Postby pls » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:04 am

Post the books you've written?
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:12 pm

I have and I feel like I need to do more.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:26 am

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:22 pm

And I don't need a kindle for that? I heard that I didn't need a kindle for e-books.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:30 am

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:54 pm

Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

thefey
Private E-1

Postby thefey » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:16 pm

I am having similar trouble. I've recently self-published a YA fantasy novel titled [i]Rising Star[i], and I am having issues in finding ways to promote it.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:26 pm

One self-published novel isn't enough to garner a lot of notice. Keep writing - two novels are good, three are better.

And yes - the YA market is tough, especially since being overfilled with fantasy. I'd suggest that you join some Facebook groups which can point you in the right direction of promotional sites and entities, some of them paid, some supposedly "free". I had early success with a few of them.

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:00 pm

Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

Next