[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Query letters for self-publishers : Promotional Tips • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Query letters for self-publishers

shadowwalker
Captain

Query letters for self-publishers

Postby shadowwalker » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:14 am

From the QueryTracker blog - why self-publishers should learn to write query letters. Thought it might be of interest to those taking this route :)

"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: Query letters for self-publishers

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:20 am

I found this article very interesting, Shadowwalker, and I've made it one of my Favorites. I am nearing the end of my YA Martian story and I'll need that advice, whether I self-publish (which I probably will) or look for a traditional publisher. Thank you for the link. :)
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Return to Promotional Tips