[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Online Book Reviewers : Promotional Tips • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Online Book Reviewers

jbcameron
Private E-1

Online Book Reviewers

Postby jbcameron » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:32 am

As a recent self-published author to Amazon Kindle, I've gone through the initial marketing stages on the social networking scene to establish a platform on sites like Twitter and Facebook, so potential readers have a place to learn more about my book. I'm now at the point where I'm looking to bump up potential interest, by way of reviews. I realize there's always the potential risk of damaging your marketing campaign with bad press, but I'm trying to stay optimistic.

If anyone has any stories to share about their success or nightmares regarding cold-contacting reviewers online with a copy of their book, please share them here. I would love to know just how effective or damning this approach is when marketing a new book.
JB.

shadowwalker
Captain

Re: Online Book Reviewers

Postby shadowwalker » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:15 am

Your biggest hurdle is going to be finding reviewers who will accept self-published books, period. There are a few, but many who used to have stopped because of authors not behaving themselves after the review comes out. So try to verify that first.

And for heaven's sake, don't pay for them. 8-)
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

jbcameron
Private E-1

Postby jbcameron » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:07 pm

I came across this site recently: http://www.booktweetingservice.com/p/li ... eview.html

There seemed to be a pretty varied range of genres covered among the reviewers. I'll post it here, in case anyone else is searching for a list of potential review sites.
JB.

PianoAl
Sergeant First Class

Postby PianoAl » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:18 pm

J.B.,

Looks like you've done well, with 23 reviews of your new book (avg 4.3 stars) and an editorial review.

Can you tell us what worked for you?

Thanks,

Al
Feel free to correct my spelling, punctuation, or grammar.

Return to Promotional Tips