Which SOCIAL MEDIA is best for Book Promotion?

mikeyboy_esq
Private E-2

Which SOCIAL MEDIA is best for Book Promotion?

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Which SOCIAL MEDIA platform (FB, LI, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) gives you the biggest number of responses when promoting your books? Also, what kind of books do you write (Fiction, Nonfiction, both)?

I'll go first...
I get the best results from using LinkedIn, and both of my books are Nonfiction. My answer is based on the # of likes/comments my posts receive and the # of times my books' website gets hits from LinkedIn vs. other social media sites.

What say you?
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

pls
Site Admin

Re: Which SOCIAL MEDIA is best for Book Promotion?

Postby pls » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:35 am

I've been very careful about how I use Facebook to promote my novels. I do have a page there, but I list titles just once and get off them. Too many authors transcend from promotion to pure spam when they promo their work more than once a week. I even had a woman list her book on my page; when I admonished her for spamming on my page, her response was that she wasn't spamming. Arggggh.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:33 am

Yeah, I think it's not so much which to use, but learning how to use them. I mean, many are free, so why choose? You decide on the strategy and adapt posts based on the formatting/word count/whatever of each.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:10 pm

[quote="mikeyboy_esq"]Which SOCIAL MEDIA platform (FB, LI, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) gives you the biggest number of responses when promoting your books? Also, what kind of books do you write (Fiction, Nonfiction, both)?

I'll go first...
I get the best results from using LinkedIn, and both of my books are Nonfiction. My answer is based on the # of likes/comments my posts receive and the # of times my books' website gets hits from LinkedIn vs. other social media sites.

What say you?[/quote]

I did not find linkedin useful. Everybody there is spamming everybody else trying to sell things. I would not even try to do it there.

What would work best is the site you are on that has the most followers friends linkers etc.

Return to Promotional Tips