Just another book marketing tip for authors

mikeyboy_esq
Private E-2

Just another book marketing tip for authors

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:08 am

Find opportunities where you can give a speech to your book's target audience. For example, my local community college allows anyone to give (unpaid) lectures or workshops through their Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL) program. A few months ago, I sent an email to ALL and proposed giving a 2-hour speech in late Sept. on how to self-publish a book, and they accepted. Last Saturday, the speakers attended an open house to allow ALL members to browse the available lectures, and I'm happy to report that I sold 7 books. Hope to sell many more at my speech next month. Many colleges offer a similar program, so check them out!
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Re: Just another book marketing tip for authors

Postby mike m. » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:33 pm

[quote="mikeyboy_esq"]Find opportunities where you can give a speech to your book's target audience. For example, my local community college allows anyone to give (unpaid) lectures or workshops through their Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL) program. A few months ago, I sent an email to ALL and proposed giving a 2-hour speech in late Sept. on how to self-publish a book, and they accepted. Last Saturday, the speakers attended an open house to allow ALL members to browse the available lectures, and I'm happy to report that I sold 7 books. Hope to sell many more at my speech next month. Many colleges offer a similar program, so check them out![/quote]
=====

back of room sales are good

giving the talks brands you as an expert

repeat

its is good version of a vicious cycle that goes up instead of down

Return to Promotional Tips