Google Ads work?

User avatar
mikeyboy_esq
Private E-1
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:02 am

Google Ads work?

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:04 pm

Has anyone here had good results using Google Ads to advertise their book's website? If so, please share your experience.

I decided to try Google Ads about a week ago, and so far I'm not overly impressed. The cost per click seems a bit high compared to other ads I've tried on other sites (e.g., Amazon's sponsored ads). While I have seen some increase in web traffic and a few extra book sales this week, I don't think I'm getting my money's worth from these ads. Just curious to hear if other folks have had similar or different experiences using Google Ads. Thanks.
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

User avatar
ostarella
Private E-2
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:51 am

Re: Google Ads work?

Postby ostarella » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:47 pm

Have to also take into account how many people now use an ad blocker. I've got two and basically never see an ad any more.

User avatar
mikeyboy_esq
Private E-1
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:02 am

Re: Google Ads work?

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:06 pm

ostarella wrote:Have to also take into account how many people now use an ad blocker. I've got two and basically never see an ad any more.


Thanks for the feedback. I never thought of ad blockers. I could be way off, but I was under the general impression that ad blockers only stop pop-up ads. Do they also block ads that show up in the search results of Google or Amazon?
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

User avatar
ostarella
Private E-2
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:51 am

Re: Google Ads work?

Postby ostarella » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:58 pm

Apparently they do for Google - I get no ads in the search results. As I said, I see virtually no ads now, anywhere.

Amended: I have 2 ad-blockers and a pop-up blocker. A lot of people I know do the same - ads are just annoying, no matter how "targeted" they are.

williamadams
Sergeant Major of the Army
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: Google Ads work?

Postby williamadams » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:35 am

imho google ads are not effective and too costly for SP authors


mikeyboy_esq wrote:Has anyone here had good results using Google Ads to advertise their book's website? If so, please share your experience.

I decided to try Google Ads about a week ago, and so far I'm not overly impressed. The cost per click seems a bit high compared to other ads I've tried on other sites (e.g., Amazon's sponsored ads). While I have seen some increase in web traffic and a few extra book sales this week, I don't think I'm getting my money's worth from these ads. Just curious to hear if other folks have had similar or different experiences using Google Ads. Thanks.

User avatar
Dreaming Imrryr
Sergeant
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:44 am

Re: Google Ads work?

Postby Dreaming Imrryr » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:48 am

ostarella wrote:Apparently they do for Google - I get no ads in the search results. As I said, I see virtually no ads now, anywhere.

Amended: I have 2 ad-blockers and a pop-up blocker. A lot of people I know do the same - ads are just annoying, no matter how "targeted" they are.


Hi ostarella. :)

Which 2 ad-blockers and pop-up blocker do you use?

User avatar
ostarella
Private E-2
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:51 am

Re: Google Ads work?

Postby ostarella » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:33 am

Dreaming Imrryr wrote:
ostarella wrote:Apparently they do for Google - I get no ads in the search results. As I said, I see virtually no ads now, anywhere.

Amended: I have 2 ad-blockers and a pop-up blocker. A lot of people I know do the same - ads are just annoying, no matter how "targeted" they are.


Hi ostarella. :)

Which 2 ad-blockers and pop-up blocker do you use?


uBlock (not even sure where I found that one), AdBlocker Ultimate and Popup Blocker Ultimate (both via Firefox) - all free, btw

User avatar
Dreaming Imrryr
Sergeant
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:44 am

Re: Google Ads work?

Postby Dreaming Imrryr » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:14 am

ostarella wrote:
Dreaming Imrryr wrote:
ostarella wrote:Apparently they do for Google - I get no ads in the search results. As I said, I see virtually no ads now, anywhere.

Amended: I have 2 ad-blockers and a pop-up blocker. A lot of people I know do the same - ads are just annoying, no matter how "targeted" they are.


Hi ostarella. :)

Which 2 ad-blockers and pop-up blocker do you use?


uBlock (not even sure where I found that one), AdBlocker Ultimate and Popup Blocker Ultimate (both via Firefox) - all free, btw

Thanks ostarella. :)


Return to Promotional Tips

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest