[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
hey look! a new guy! : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

hey look! a new guy!

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

fitpix

hey look! a new guy!

Postby fitpix » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:58 pm

fitpix

hey look! a new guy!

Postby fitpix » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:58 pm

Hello all!
I just found this site and hope to learn much from it. Like many of you I have a project I am working on and hope to see published. Unlike many of you, this project (which I hopefully call a novel on good days) is the first story I have written except for some required short stories in high school 25 years ago! I have gone the "make your friends read it and the 4073 revisions" route. They say it is good and one went as far as to say "it went from "oh cool David wrote a story' good, to 'oh cool David's story now reads like a real book'". So we will see where this all takes me, I am 2/3's done and plan on finishing in the next few weeks.

loudermilk
Major

RE: hey look! a new guy!

Postby loudermilk » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:04 am

Hey, a guy just posted something under "writers block" who looks EXACTLY like you.

Welcome aboard David. If you keep an open mind here, be sure to cover it to keep the flies out.

Jack

yudelka
Captain

Postby yudelka » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:03 am

Welcome David!
Hope you learn to love us in here, or at least put up with us.
Boy, I can't wait to get my picture in my profile, like you and a few others in here. But, I have to wait for the perfect picture. I'm theeeee most unphotogenic person in the universe, which is really odd because I promise you, I'm the most beautiful thing I ever did see.

Karls_Mommy

Postby Karls_Mommy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:06 am

Welcome, David!  Good for you!  I am not nearly brave enough to focus on a novel.  And for you to do it right out of the gate, I'm impressed.

You'll find that everyone here is friendly and quite helpful.  With or without a few beers... ;)

~Elizabeth

Jumbie

Postby Jumbie » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:29 am

David! Don't I know you? I was born in Cincinatti and lived in and around southern Ohio till I was seven. I think I remember you from kindergarten. Weren't you the one that kicked me in the mouth going up the ladder to the slide? Oh well, all is forgiven, I hardly have a scar.

Welcome to the forum. We're all glad you're here. Ignore the ones hiding in the shadows - they're shy.

Post some of your work on the critique forum so we can really get to know you.

fitpix

Postby fitpix » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:03 am

I am relieved to say I am from central Ohio Jumbie so that scar still lacks a suspect! Thanks for the warm welcome all!

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:40 am

fitpix

Postby fitpix » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:55 am

Return to Introductions