[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
From the Far North : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

From the Far North

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
Laruuk
Private E-2

From the Far North

Postby Laruuk » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:35 pm

Laruuk
Private E-2

From the Far North

Postby Laruuk » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:35 pm

Just wanted to pop in and say helloo before I start posting.

Like many others I have a dream of being published and have started taking my hobby of writing to a new level. That journey led me here.

I live in North Pole, Alaska and when I'm not freezing to death I'm trying not to inhale forest fire ash.

Thanks in advance for the warm welcome and helpful advice.

editted to change poor spelling/typing.

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

RE: From the Far North

Postby abqwriter » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:00 pm

Love your sense of humor already, Laruuk!

Welcome and post away!

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:48 am

Laruuk
Private E-2

Postby Laruuk » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:30 pm

We've actually got cars and everything up here. Moved out of the igloo last year and bought a house with real heat and television too.

*GASP* My neighbors have this big round thing on their roof that gets all kinds of television stuff from space.

Seriously, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm lurking a lto and taking advantage of forum members to help me refien my craft.

These forums are a boon.

entropy_happens
Lieutenant

Postby entropy_happens » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:51 pm

Hee hee hee! Welcome, and it must be so awesome up there! I'm jealous. I'm in California, and it's been about 80 degrees so far during February...I wish it would snow, but it doesn't here in the valley where I go to school. Ugh.
Anyway, welcome! I hope you find this forum as fun and valuable as I have!
Lynne

Laruuk
Private E-2

Postby Laruuk » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:04 am

As you can see, I'm a big believer in sh***y first drafts. My fingers are faster than my internal spell checker and I suck at self-edit.

You only think you're jealous. Right now it is hovering around 20 degrees. Two weeks ago it was 60 degrees BELOW ZERO. That is 140 degrees colder than you're balmy temperature of 80. This is why we're planning to move to Texas next year.

I'm off to do my Journal Entry for the day.

goobiesonvenus
Private First Class

Postby goobiesonvenus » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:54 pm

Wow, Alaska! That is quite far away! And probably awfully cold about now, too. I'm glad that you came upon our forum, and I hope that you are published quickly. :)

-Goobies

abstract
Private E-2

Postby abstract » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:00 pm

I'm going to warn you in advance:
Texas weather is a pain in the you-know-where. Yesterday I was walking around in a tank top and shorts with my hair pulled up, and today I refused to go outside unless I had two shirts and a jacket on. And it'll be sleeting tomorrow.
If you've ever heard horror stories about Texas weather, you've heard correctly. It really will be 30 degrees in the morning and 85 by the afternoon, and 105 degree weather is not uncommon in the summer.

Laruuk
Private E-2

Postby Laruuk » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:43 pm

We've lived in Texas before and remember the craziness of the weather.

Still, it's a helluva lot easier to deal with 30 above than 60 below.

Next

Return to Introductions