[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Teenage Pencil Addict : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Teenage Pencil Addict

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
Sarren
Private E-1

Teenage Pencil Addict

Postby Sarren » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:46 am

Sarren
Private E-1

Teenage Pencil Addict

Postby Sarren » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:46 am

Sarren:Hello, Group!
Group: Hello, Sarren!
-waves at group-

No, seriously. My name (or close enough) is Sarren. I'm one of, apparently, quite a few southern writers who stalk this site...obsessively. Unfortunately, I am also a member of the minority of unpublished authors. -sheepish grin- Anyway, I have finnally joined the forum, and mustered the courage to introduce myself. Given that I am unpublished (Not prestigiously, at least), I suppose there isn't that much to say, save for the addiction I apparently share with many of you:
I cannot help but write; anything, anytime, anywhere. Its a hobby, a drug, a lifestyle, a habit, a talent, a curse, whatever you would like to call it (in any degree of melodrama :) ). There are but a few banes to my aspiration...One, I cannot spell. Thank God for spell check.
The other?
I'm 16.
-cue eye rolls-
I know I'm relatively young for the goals I have, but as I said, I am as devoted a writer as you will find anywhere. Despite my age, I have dabbled with relative success, in multiple genres. Publication, obviously, has been an obstacle, but my current purpose for writing is merely internal. Someday, I would give a limb...multiple, auctually...to write for National Geographic, and eventually publish a novel. Or two. We'll see. For the time being, however, I joined this forum to leech what tips and inspiration I can from writers I have grown to greatly admire and whose success I hope to someday emulate. Any suggestions, comments, or go-away-munchkin-critizisms are welcomed!
Thanks for letting me learn, Yall are amazing!
-Sarren

jasipper
Brigadier General

RE: Teenage Pencil Addict

Postby jasipper » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:52 am

Sarren
Private E-1

Postby Sarren » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:11 am

Haha, Sarren/Maegan...It's the internet, I switch around. Welcome to the world of Modern Parents...grrr...
Anyway, I love the south. Minor problem with using yall...constantly. Im so cliche.
As far as what I LIKE to write...Like I said before, anything I can get my hands on is a blessing, but I most enjoy realistic fiction. There is no more fascinating story than that of a highschooler, so the sparse amounts of free time I can grasp are spent writing realistic-fictiony 'oneshots'. I've started a series of short stories, almost my personal theraputic writing, all centered in the same room of a mansion but otherwise largely unrealted. Realitively interesting, maybe someday I will connect them all. I greatly admire the Natl Geo writers as well, the ability to turn nonfictious peices into artistic novel-style masterpeices. I'll write anything anyone gives me, litterally. Challenges delight me.
Thank you so much for the quick welcome!

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:31 am

Sarren
Private E-1

Postby Sarren » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:55 pm

Oh, most definately my first time being 16. That's certainly enough, though, thank you very much. :) It does lend to, as I said, fascinating writing.
Nice to meet you, as well!

entropy_happens
Lieutenant

Postby entropy_happens » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:38 pm

Welcome!! I'm young too, just under 18. Don't let that be a barrier. If you can write well, people don't care if you're 6 or 16 or 60. Enjoy the forum; hopefully you enjoy it as much as I have!
Good luck with your writing!
Lynne

Jumbie
Lieutenant

Postby Jumbie » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:39 am

Fortunately for those of us nearing the other end of the spectrum - like Ancient Mariner (just kidding, AM) we have no age barriers here. If you can write, or want to write you're in the right place. Welcome. We're glad to have you here. Enjoy.

Matawanron
Private E-2

Postby Matawanron » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:04 am

Welcome, Sarren: I just joined the group, also. (P.S.) I'm 70, 71 April 20 ('06) Do you subscribe to Writer's Digest? If not, you can probably get February issue through them  -

There is an article in it - "Start Writing at Any Age" - from 18 to 80. I'm living proof - I have a book-in-progress just past novella stage (40,000 words) I'm greeting you from the Indianapolis 'burbs, and have been writing about 2 years seriously-entered 2 WD short story contests, not published, either, but with high hopes. It pays to attend conferences if any come your way-I just returned from Whidbey Island Writers Conf, off Washington State coast, about the largest of the conferenced around.

I, too love spell check, but I am a pretty good speller ... now where did I put that Dictionary? Anyway, my wife always asks me "how do you spell - "noctilucent" or something similar-I wrote a piece on that one for a writing class on line - check it out - it is a word. I'll be around - glad tou are with us.  Ron

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:22 am

Just one question...

Are you a teenager who's addicted to pencils or are you someone who is addicted to teenage pencils? I have a couple of pencils lying around here somewhere that are at least 13 if you need a fix... :)

Next

Return to Introductions