[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Greetings from Colorado : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Greetings from Colorado

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
ihatepeas
Private E-1

Greetings from Colorado

Postby ihatepeas » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:26 pm

ihatepeas
Private E-1

Greetings from Colorado

Postby ihatepeas » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:26 pm

I am an on-and-off Writers Digest subscriber, but I've never been on the forums before. Just looking around, procrastinating.

What do I say? I'm 26 and I've been writing mostly novels and the beginnings of novels. I'm kind of ADD about writing--I have several different projects going so that I can switch around if I get blocked or bored. My first novel was a mystery, and now I'm in the revising process. My second novel is toiling at page 115, and it's a YA science-fiction. I also have two more mysteries I'm working along with several others. They don't always start out as mysteries, but all of a sudden a body pops up, so what can you do?

Anyway, that's all for now.

--Sarah

Jumbie
Lieutenant

RE: Greetings from Colorado

Postby Jumbie » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:56 am

Welcome. From your writing, and your posts, I'd say you'll fit right in. We're glad to have you among us.

Watch out for Loudermilk - he'll have you ROFL. And Silver Crow is too cool for words (when he's in town). Clare and James and John and...well, everyone else has (have?) great advice and warm hearts.

Enjoy.

Laruuk
Private E-2

Postby Laruuk » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:13 am

Welcome to the nuthouse.

Oh. I don't think I'm supposed to call it that.

Welcome to the sanitarium.

Wait. I don't think that's right either.

Welcome to the ... uh.

Welcome aboard! I know this isn't a real ship, but you get the idea.

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:23 am

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:51 am

Welcome fellow Rockies writer!  Climb right in - the window's open.  We even took the screen off for ya!

I love your moniker.  I hate peas, too.  Ever try pea salad?  It was the absolute bane of my childhood.  Imagine mixing green peas, mayo, lettuce, and onions and then having the audacity to call it salad.  I spent hours rolling the things around my plate hoping for pity from my mother to finally dismiss me from the table.  Hate 'em to this day! 

Tiff
Private E-1

Postby Tiff » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:12 pm

I'm in Wyoming.. but lived in Colorado for 10 years in Fort Collins.. lovely place.

You know.. I love fresh peas.. right off the vine.. any other way.. bleh!

goobiesonvenus
Private First Class

Postby goobiesonvenus » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:56 am

I must admit that I have several different stories going on at once myself. Keeps things more interesting, if I may say so myself. :o

I'm glad that you found your way to the forum, and I hope that you find the advice here as helpful as I have.

-Goobies

Return to Introductions