Last Desperate Act of an Introvert

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

rmle0a
Private E-1

Last Desperate Act of an Introvert

Postby rmle0a » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:34 pm

Hey everyone,
I'm not too optimistic here because I see a lot of these posts have several views and zero responses and I haven't responded to anyone either so no judgement but I just thought maybe if I wrote a huge run-on sentence maybe someone would answer me????
I'm just an aspiring writer on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I would like to find an outlet for humorous non-fiction writing but I'm not sure what to even talk about anymore because my life is very boring right now. I would like to make some friends, have some laughs, talk about my "craft". Does any of this sound like fun to you? If it does please say hello and maybe we can become best friends forever.
Thanks for your time.
Regina

RobTheThird
Private First Class

Re: Last Desperate Act of an Introvert

Postby RobTheThird » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:09 am

Hey, Regina. Welcome!

Reader's Digest still has those "life humor" sections like "Life in These United States" and others. So I think there are outlets for what you want to write.

Relax. Deep breath. Trust your instincts. I'm no expert in psychiatry, but I know that all my moments of nervous breakdown, psychosis, etc, all come from my head refusing to believe what my gut is telling me.

You've got this. No guarantees, of course, but remember that you enjoy this, actually get around to enjoying it, and I think you'll be a lot happier for it.

Fictional Chef
Private E-1

Re: Last Desperate Act of an Introvert

Postby Fictional Chef » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi Regina! Welcome to the forums! They haven't been very active lately but there's hope in reviving them.

Hand on heart, I can identify with your post. I'm in the middle of making some very major changes in my life because I completely lost myself to the point that I had no identity. I didn't matter. I became a hermit. I was one of those people that you read about in the news that, if I died, no one would notice for weeks or months. I just plain got sick and tired of being sick and tired and relegating myself to simply existing because success and happiness were for other people. I don't know how I fell victim to that nonsense, but I did. But, no more.

So, Regina, you're NOT "just an aspiring writer" unless you talk about writing but never do it. If you write, you're a writer. Period. If you read, you're a reader, not an aspiring reader. If you write, you're an aspiring author. That's not a status reserved for a special group of talented, chosen individuals. You can be successful at it, too.

Comedy appears to be a common character trait for people with backgrounds of depression. Almost every comedian that's famous has admitted to it. So, you want to write instead of act or do stand-up comedy. Do it. Yes, it's hard but would it be rewarding if it wasn't?

Dreams are only dreams and will stay just dreams until you put the work in. It also takes work to keep yourself encouraged. I find a lot of videos on YouTube that definitely help me in this area! Best wishes!

Jack

Return to Introductions