[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Hello fellow writers! : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Hello fellow writers!

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

dbdub
Private E-1

Hello fellow writers!

Postby dbdub » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Don Waters and I just started writing on a regular basis. I like to write sci fi and horror mostly, but I also like to play around with other genres as well. I've only written short stories so far, none published yet though. I plan to write a novel eventually, of course. I can't wait to jump in and talk with like minded people about the craft and how to get better. Thanks! :D

robjvargas
Captain

Re: Hello fellow writers!

Postby robjvargas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Hey there, Don.

There a bit of friction around here between some rather strong personalities, and I'm playing my part in those histrionics, sad to admit. But there's plenty of room for exploration and learning all the same.

Welcome!
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:25 pm

[quote="dbdub"]Hello everyone!

My name is Don Waters and I just started writing on a regular basis. I like to write sci fi and horror mostly, but I also like to play around with other genres as well. I've only written short stories so far, none published yet though. I plan to write a novel eventually, of course. I can't wait to jump in and talk with like minded people about the craft and how to get better. Thanks! :D[/quote]

Welcome. You should be approved by tomorrow. You will know when the name turns blue.

Jump in and join the discussions or start your own.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Welcome to the party, Don. I look forward to getting to know you.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:34 am

Welcome to the forum. You can now post everywhere.

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi, Don. Welcome to the forum. I write horror too, although it's non-supernatural horror. I've published a couple short stories in anthologies, but my main interest is writing novels--really grim and gory novels. I look forward to your posts.

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

dbdub
Private E-1

Postby dbdub » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:05 am

Hey Guys-

Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to getting to know you all better. I hear you robjvargas. The internet is a blessing and a curse. I've worked in commercial art for most of my career and strong personalities and histrionics are the stock in trade. Thanks for the heads up! :D.

Hey wdarcy, where can I read some of your stuff? It sounds right up my alley.

dbdub

Return to Introductions