Hello everyone!

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

Carl Slate
Private E-1

Hello everyone!

Postby Carl Slate » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:46 am

I am an amateur writer working on a novel that I would like to get published. I've been writing personal stories and essays for friends and family all my life, but I've never actually had any writers around to talk to. I live in the southern US, where reading and writing skills are THE DEVIL. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Anyway, as I am now dedicating my time and energy to a serious project that I want the world to eventually enjoy, I'd like to have people to talk to with some experienced insight! Any real writing experience at all is probably already more than mine. I don't by any stretch imagine myself to be some manner of expert, and I know I have lots of room for improvement, which is exactly what I am looking for.

I tried this other site, 'Writer's Café', hoping it would help, but it's more like 'writing cafe'. It's a place for people to just share their writing and read/review other people's work, and there is little to no real conversation or discussion happening. I was excited to see how active this discussion board is, and I hope I can inspire you all to spill your guts and share your wisdom with me.

I'm interested in becoming a regular member so I can participate in all the neat things I see happening on the forum. One thing I don't see however- is there a board for people to just ask questions? I see the 'tips and advice' board, but it appears to more for people who actually have something to offer, not merely request. Suggestions?

Also, my KB is very poor quality and the spacebar is unreliable. Sometimes it doesn't work and I don't notice, so a couple words will be left smushed together. Sorry, in advance!

T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:42 pm

Welcome to the forums. You can now post anywhere.

Return to Introductions