Hello!

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

narf
Private E-1

Hello!

Postby narf » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:24 am

Hello,

I'm a fairly new writer, self-taught. I'm yet to finish a first draft (that I'm happy to call a first draft) of any of the worlds I've tried to get out on paper.

I have tons of ideas, feel comfortable free-writing, can brainstorm ideas forever, but my trouble is pulling things together in these seemingly huge worlds I come up with.

I've defined my problem as resuming work on an idea over a number of sessions/days. I find, as the ideas and possibilities get vaster and more convoluted, it's increasingly hard to read over all of my previous ideas/notes when I come to resume my ideas, and to find and feel where I was again. I get overwhelmed and lose motivation, usually starting again with a fresh bunch of notes on the same story, and a few days into its development hitting the same lost-at-sea feeling.

I have no real-life friends who write, I feel very much on my own and can get easily frustrated with my lack of direction. I'm hoping I can find some support here, and a way out of these circles I'm running in, I feel like I'm eternally stifling a creative sneeze.

narf
Private E-1

Re: Hello!

Postby narf » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:56 am

I can't yet post on the forums, please allow access!

T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Re: Hello!

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Welcome to the forums. You can now post anywhere.

Return to Introductions