Howdy from Houston, Texas

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
mwmcbroom
Private E-1

Howdy from Houston, Texas

Postby mwmcbroom » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Well, it's good to be back - I think. I used to be a regular here, but that was several years ago. The forum still knows my old user ID and email address, but alas, I've forgotten the password I used and, unfortunately, even though I tried numerous times, the forum software does not forward password info to the email address. So, I decided I'd just go ahead and re-register, since I don't know what else to do.

Anyway, a bit about me -- I'm a published writer. I've written quite a few articles and one non-fiction book that went through six editions over a period of eleven years. But my heart has always been with fiction and this is the area that I want most to be published. I've written one complete novel, but this ended up being more of an exercise than anything I hope to be published. That was some years ago. Since then I've started, then abandoned a few others. With a couple, it was a matter of bad timing, a couple others I just ran out of steam and was never able to gin up the interest to get them going again. I haven't entirely ruled them out, though. Maybe someday . . .

The novel I'm currently working on, I'm about halfway through. It's actually been a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. I would like to offer some excerpts of it here for constructive criticism. I've found in the past that constructive criticism can be very helpful, so I'm always willing to try for what I can.

Welp, that's about it. I think I'll have a look around now. See y'all on the boards.

Return to Introductions