A quick introduction and a question about refunds.

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

EGCox
Private E-1

A quick introduction and a question about refunds.

Postby EGCox » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:54 am

Hello,

My name is Ethan Cox, I'm from England and I am 21. I'm a writer about to self publish. I want to be part of this forum as I can talk with people who are experienced in the field of writing, and, hopefully its a great tool for my writing.

I have a question which I could wait to post, however I would prefer the answer fairly soon. As you are aware I am wanting to self-publish, HOWEVER I am being put off by the fear of the dreaded refunds. I have been reading about how Amazons refund policy basically gives people the ability to pirate books, the do this by reading them and returning them within 7 days. This must cripple any chance of income and its something that deeply concerns me.

I have also been looking at release my book as a standalone app and once again Google are now not paying out for refunds AT ALL, so if a refund comes in an hour after purchase or a month its our money that gets deducted.

Is there anyway to protect myself?

Is their a platform which has options to turn off refunds?

Any advice would be great and thanks for reading!

Ethan

rob-lost
Corporal

Re: A quick introduction and a question about refunds.

Postby rob-lost » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:19 am

Amazon sells their ebooks with copy protection.

There's no 100% solution against someone determined to violate copyright. But Amazon's Kindle app is one relatively decent one.
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

pls
Site Admin

Re: A quick introduction and a question about refunds.

Postby pls » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:47 am

Refunding has not been a hot topic in these forums, so I'd have to conclude that refunds are relatively rare, and you're worrying about something that seldom happens.

Having stated that, I once had someone request a refund for my free book. That one left me scratching my head.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to Introductions