Hi, I'm Guido.

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

gaxar
Private E-1

Hi, I'm Guido.

Postby gaxar » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:40 pm

Five years ago I wrote a piece and posted it on the old writer’s digest community. It was five paragraphs long, but it was the only thing I wrote and shared with the community that readers did not harshly criticize. But since I lost all my other copies of it, and since the old community site shut down, I can neither read nor remember the words thereof. The only part of it that I can remember is the second paragraph, which reads like this:

"For you were a princes in a land of suitors, a star in the midst of worlds, the treasure of princes too cowardly to lead you, who left behind their kingdoms to seek you, who chased after you like brave men pursuing a wondrous fire. Some were honorable, and some dishonorable, but none of them could gain you. When you shone among the trees and flowers, and your face beamed out into all the land, though many knights on horseback rode with boldness, though many princes raced across the world, your brightness awed your suitors from afar, your beauty stuck the might down with wonder. Yes, afterward they stood and bowed. Yes, afterward they gently kissed your hand. But their courage dissolved in a flash, and they swelled with the shame of peasants."

I valued this work, so it frustrates me to have lost the rest of the words. If someone could access and send me my words, I would greatly appreciate it.

pls
Site Admin

Re: Hi, I'm Guido.

Postby pls » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:55 am

Gaxar - now that your user status has been upgraded, you should be able to access the critique forums and track down the piece yourself. There's no reason why it shouldn't still be there.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

gaxar
Private E-1

Postby gaxar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:26 am

I just searched these forums several times for my piece, but I was not able to find it. I don’t think it is here. I posted it not on these forums but in the group “Critique Corner” on the other writer’s digest community site, a site which shut down about five years ago. I cannot even find it in an archive of old cached web pages because no one could view that group without logging in, and therefore no web crawlers could capture the page that contained my piece.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:09 am

I don't recall a forum named "Critique Corner" ever being part of these forums.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Dreaming Imrryr
Master Sergeant

Postby Dreaming Imrryr » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:19 pm

I remember the "Critique Corner", it was on the new (back then) Writer's Digest Community website where members could make their own forum and as the creator set topics and rules for it.

You might have better luck contacting someone higher in the Writer's Digest hierarchy like Brian Klems.

Return to Introductions