I come from the land of the ice and snow...

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
His Majesty 777
Private E-1

I come from the land of the ice and snow...

Postby His Majesty 777 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:15 pm

...otherwise known as Wisconsin, the land of cheese and notoriety. It is the state that gave us Robert Bloch and Peter Straub. It's the state that spawned Ed Gein, and opened its borders to Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Manson's son. But enough with the macabre stab at tourism, no pun intended.

Naturally, I'm inclined to write horror and suspense stories, and it has nothing to do with the high number of ghoulish figures that made our state infamous. I blame Stephen King. If I hadn't read The Stand at the age of 10, who knows what kind of whimsical journey I would have embarked on instead.

But strangely, I find my novels veer in the direction of paranormal romance, not the kind that feature sexy people on the cover with impossibly tight blue jeans, holding strange looking daggers as they prepare to fight and equally sexy werewolf or vampire, mind you. My stories have teeth, adult teeth. I don't sugar coat stuff. My characters are screwed up. They swear, They sin. They err. They're not worried about keeping their hair looking perfect. But there is something so gratifying about romance blooming between two characters in the midst of some of the worst situations they've ever experienced.

But anyway, I look forward to posting more on this site, and meeting some of my peers.

To paraphrase the groovy, swinging cats from the 1970's: Write On!

Return to Introductions