Morning...Coffee or Tea, Anyone?

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

rouge vanilla

Postby rouge vanilla » Mon May 29, 2006 4:48 pm

rouge vanilla

Postby rouge vanilla » Mon May 29, 2006 4:48 pm

Hi There!

Thanks for taking my offer, hope u don’t mind instant... =D

Well, I’m a ‘real writer’ wanna-be from the East who’s really glad to have found this website! I can see how it’ll be well incorporated with my so-called writing intention.

I’ve always fond of writing and have been keeping this ‘real writer’-passion in the back of my mind. Other than promotional copywriting or work related-branding profiles, the furthest I’ve gone by far are poetry and short stories, which aren’t quite what I aspired to do.

I’ve got loads drafts of longer writing that I don’t finish for variety of reasons. Thus makes me wonder whether you guys ever face similar problems like mine which I think is due to high expectation that has decreased self confident?

Anyhow, thanks guys.. I really think writers’ insight can surely illuminate my spirit in writing and get my writing really done!!

Writingchick24
Private E-1

RE: Morning...Coffee or Tea, Anyone?

Postby Writingchick24 » Mon May 29, 2006 4:57 pm

Welcome from another newbie!!

And I face similar problems I am actually working on my first novel. I write many short stories and some poetry when the mood stricks but I have tons of ideas for articles, novels, ect..just haven't gotten to it all yet :(! Also I am a severe perfectionest...my biggest down fall but my symptoms are slowly lowering! LOL!

Yet again welcome,
Destiny

P.S. I'll take a Vinilla Chia Tea :)

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Mon May 29, 2006 6:48 pm

Welcome. Do what feels right for the moment. When it quits feeling right, don't worry about it and move on to something else until the original mood comes back. Don't push/force yourself to stay with the work when nothing is clicking. Take a mental holiday until you find yourself back in the writing 'frame-of-mind' that fits your current work.

and check for typos before showing it to the public :o

Mirth
Lieutenant

Postby Mirth » Tue May 30, 2006 4:29 am

Welcome.  I'll take tea this morning, thanks!  International Foods Chi Latte!  Oh, yum! 

It's nice to have you here, and I look forward to reading your posts.

Mirth 

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Tue May 30, 2006 4:35 am

Hi Dinni,

I am so glad to see you are offering the coffee....I have poisoned too many here with mine (I make a horrible cup - but we'll keep that to ourselves...sometimes I have such fun giving the unsuspecting a taste)

Nice to meet you...(next time I'll make the coffee...)

Karen :)

PaigeVonLiber
Lieutenant

Postby PaigeVonLiber » Tue May 30, 2006 8:33 am

Hey there, I'm a bit coffeed out this afternoon & am currently on the sugar. But sometimes take a bit of coffee with my sugar. Glad you signed up.

rouge vanilla

Postby rouge vanilla » Tue May 30, 2006 4:21 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome... starting to get ‘the feel’ here!
Wish you al the best on your writing… and I'll upgrade the offer with some cakes next time.. =D

Glad to know that somebody else also shares similar writing issues, Destiny, perhaps we can help each other out on it?!

It was pleasantly surprising to see my first name mentioned, thanks Karen!

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Wed May 31, 2006 3:46 am

Dinni,

What do you like to read/write?

Tell us more about yourself! Nice to meet you!

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Wed May 31, 2006 3:26 pm

Welcome Dinni! I'd ask for some hot chocolate, but it's just too darn hot here in freakin' southern California...how about some ice cold lemonade (I'm underage for alcohol, sigh). :) Welcome to the insane asylum, and Karen's right: don't drink her coffee, whatever you do!
Godspeed,
Lynne

Return to Introductions