[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Hello from the far north : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Hello from the far north

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
Writingchick24
Private E-1

Hello from the far north

Postby Writingchick24 » Mon May 29, 2006 3:58 am

Writingchick24
Private E-1

Hello from the far north

Postby Writingchick24 » Mon May 29, 2006 3:58 am

Hey all, I just signed up today. I'm probably one of the few teen writers here but I don't thing age matters much as long as someone has good writing it remains good writing no matter what age they are.

I am currently starting my first novel that is a YA fantasy. I am also working on breaking into the Children's magazine market. I have had a story published in a state wide Journal and am a consistant reviewer for the online ezine 'The Illuminata'. I'm already past the half way point of my Institute of children's Literature basic course.

So that's a bit about me. I look forward to hanging around.

Destiny

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

RE: Hello from the far north

Postby KarenRankowitz » Mon May 29, 2006 4:51 am

Hi and welcome, Destiny...

There are several teen writers that come and chat here. Sounds like you have already gotten a good start on your writing. 

So, welcome to the insanity...have fun and any questions, no matter how silly you might think they are...ask - there are many here who  come with a vast knowlegde of so many different things that I'm sure you'll get the answers you need.

Karen :)

entropy_happens
Lieutenant

Postby entropy_happens » Mon May 29, 2006 2:21 pm

Welcome! I'm eighteen, so a teen writer too. Glad to see you don't let age get you down ("Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young..."). You will see that as you write more, when you look back on what you thought was genius a few years ago, you'll think to yourself, Eww! :)
Post on Critique Central if you feel brave. :)
Godspeed,
Lynne

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Mon May 29, 2006 3:10 pm

Writingchick24
Private E-1

Postby Writingchick24 » Mon May 29, 2006 4:54 pm

~Lynne for the advice and believe me I am to stubborn to let other looking down me *if the chose to but I find most are nice and willing to over honest help* and if they do I ignore it already got the tough skin needed in the writing world.

~Karen if anything you say about Lynne being a grammar guru then I am in big trouble! LOL. Grammar is not my strong point! :(

Destiny

P.S. Lynne I just posted a poem of mine in Critique central...hoping to send it to a contest

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Mon May 29, 2006 6:52 pm

Welcome. You are here only because it is your... destiny.

Ok, you have my permission to shoot me. Please make it a clean shot.

smiley10000
Private E-2

Postby smiley10000 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:15 pm

I think Epic was selling a gun on ebay that has experience in writer murders...

Welcome Writingchick!

Mirth
Lieutenant

Postby Mirth » Tue May 30, 2006 4:26 am

Welcome Destiny, it's wonderful and always helpful to have all ages in the mix, as every eye and mind contributes to the overall good of the group.  I look forward to reading your posts.

Mirth

entropy_happens
Lieutenant

Postby entropy_happens » Wed May 31, 2006 3:27 pm

Next

Return to Introductions