[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Been lurking and thought it was time to say 'hi' : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Been lurking and thought it was time to say 'hi'

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
straitlaced
Private E-1

Postby straitlaced » Wed May 17, 2006 6:06 pm

straitlaced
Private E-1

Postby straitlaced » Wed May 17, 2006 6:06 pm

This looks like a friendly and informative community so I thought it was time to stop testing the waters and jump in. I've been actively writing for about five years now... nothing monetary to show for it yet but I have faith... well, mostly high hopes... that if I keep writing and submitting eventually it will pay off.
I've finished several novels... the first ones were great learning experiences but not much use otherwise, truth to tell... I have high hopes for this last one and thought it was time to get some second opinions, besides those of loving family and friends, lol. I am willing to learn anything to get published, but talent can't be taught... someone told me just because you know how to structure a sentence doesn't mean you know how to write... I want to know... Can I really WRITE or am I just wasting my time? I'm rather frightened to discover the answer to that question... 'cause there are very few things I love as much as 'creating' a world. Still, I need to know and I hope I have the character to take the truth. :)

entropy_happens
Lieutenant

RE: Been lurking and thought it was time to say 'hi'

Postby entropy_happens » Wed May 17, 2006 6:09 pm

Heck, if you like writing that much, I daresay it's in your blood even though I haven't read your work. :)
Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it!
Godspeed,
Lynne

straitlaced
Private E-1

Postby straitlaced » Wed May 17, 2006 6:25 pm

It is in my blood... it's the publishing I'm not too sure of. I'll never stop writing, even if it's simply for myself and my family. :) Personally... I'd LOVE to get published, lol... but then, so would everyone else here!

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Thu May 18, 2006 3:30 am

cherryblossom
Private E-1

Postby cherryblossom » Thu May 18, 2006 9:43 am

Don't worry. I think if you like writing so much and you have so much practice, it MUST be good! Maybe you're looking in the wrong places. Just keep trying. We'll all root for you!

Welcome to the forum! As Lynne always likes to say, post to Crit Central if you're feeling brave!

Em

straitlaced
Private E-1

Postby straitlaced » Thu May 18, 2006 10:32 am

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I really appreciate it Cherryblossom. I did post to Crit Central, though I'm thinking 'desperate' would be a better word than 'brave' in my case, lol. ;) What I really need is a beta, but I have no idea how to find one.

Teri

cherryblossom
Private E-1

Postby cherryblossom » Thu May 18, 2006 11:44 am

Try Goal Posts if you haven't already. Just post what you write and tell them you're looking for someone to read over your work. Just a suggestion. :)

Em

straitlaced
Private E-1

Postby straitlaced » Thu May 18, 2006 12:40 pm

Awesome suggestion! Thank you!!

Teri

entropy_happens
Lieutenant

Postby entropy_happens » Thu May 18, 2006 7:26 pm

Return to Introductions