Hello fellow artists

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

joker7380

Hello fellow artists

Postby joker7380 » Sun May 21, 2006 5:21 pm

joker7380

Hello fellow artists

Postby joker7380 » Sun May 21, 2006 5:21 pm

Hi everyone. I just joined the club and I must say that I am a tid bit nervous, for I have ceased all writing attempts for two years--not that I was schooled for writing anyway. But I'd focused my schooling in another field--paralegal. I am currently still taking classess at night while delivering mail through the day. Although I removed myself away from the Craft, I never lost my thirst to display a talent hidden so deep in me. I hope joining this forum will bring out a blaze in me and my determination to suceed bring out a fire in you.

vade mecum
Lieutenant Colonel

RE: Hello fellow artists

Postby vade mecum » Sun May 21, 2006 5:47 pm

Greetings!
I always heard the best way to learn to write is to do a lot of reading. I imagine a paraglegal does a lot of reading, so in a sense you have not been away from the craft-----just not doing the part you really enjoy. I have found the people here to be exceptionally friendly and supportive, so there is no reason to be nervous. Jump right in to the conversations whenever you feel comfortable.
Carol

yudelka
Captain

Postby yudelka » Sun May 21, 2006 7:10 pm

Hello there, Joker!

Hope you find your way around with no problem. Don't be nervous. We really are nice folks--weird--but nice.

Delivering mail, huh? Are you the guy who's stealing my acceptances from the publishing companies. You can keep the rejections, but check your van again for my book contract.

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Mon May 22, 2006 3:39 pm

Welcome, Joker! That's a great username for a writer! :) Hope you enjoy the forum. I'm taking classes too, but unfortunately not in writing. I'm gonna become a weirdo engineer...
Anyway...
Godspeed,
Lynne

Return to Introductions