Mel brooks loves my new book

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
joebobmichael

Postby joebobmichael » Wed May 10, 2006 9:59 am

joebobmichael

Postby joebobmichael » Wed May 10, 2006 9:59 am

Hi all I have a quirky book out now in bookstores in Ireland Uk Australia etc called Man, Interrupted based on a true story about this guy with OCD who tries to cure himself and find love. go to www.amazon.co.uk to check out the synopsis and tell me what you think? I have two oscar winners on the cover praising my book. I am writing the screenplay now. my email is joebobmichael13@yahoo.com in case I leave this site. best jim you can by it from amazon.co.uk like i did as it's about same price as american amazon.

Miggy
Private E-1

RE: Mel brooks loves my new book

Postby Miggy » Wed May 10, 2006 2:04 pm

I would say that this looks suspiciously like an ad. And that it seems strange someone so successful would have just a Yahoo! e-mail address. But I've not been here long enough to say that. Maybe someone else will.

Miggy, the Thief

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Thu May 11, 2006 7:49 am

What a coincidence!  Mel Brooks not only loves my book "Woman, Delusional", he has written the screenplay and has been holding auditions for the main character.  I've got it on good authority that Fannie Flagg is a shoo-in. 

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Thu May 11, 2006 7:59 am

Mel Brooks wishes he had heard of me.

JRSmith
Private First Class

Postby JRSmith » Wed May 17, 2006 6:17 pm

"You can by it from amazon.co.uk like i did"
I'm just curious as to why you would buy your own book? Perhaps I didn't understand the post. "...in case I leave this site" is a curious thing to say as well.

It seems like it may be a good book though. I just doubt this is the author.

Return to Introductions