[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Greetings from the Midwest : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Greetings from the Midwest

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
eaplummer

Postby eaplummer » Fri May 19, 2006 2:42 am

eaplummer

Postby eaplummer » Fri May 19, 2006 2:42 am

Hello everyone..

I'd love to give people on this forum insight to my life experiences or ideas to pump off of, but sadly I guess I'm pretty boring. Either that or I'm just young and I don't have the stories accumulated yet that some others have. After all, I'm only 29 which oddly enough seems old to some people but I think it's still young. Or at least I tell myself that to feel better! I find as I do get older though, it's easier to write because I can pull idea off of the little things I have experienced and base new characters loosely on people I've met. Which is a good thing and gets the juices flowing.

Anywho...I've been writing for years although most of it's crap that I've tossed out. My inner critic is a pain in the butt, what can I say?! Recently I've started to show people work and get feeback, both good and bad, so I'm keeping a lot more these days. I love to write songs, poetry, short stories, and short films. Maybe one of these days I'll have the patience to write a longer story or a feature film.

I hail from Iowa in the great midwest and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of people in my area that are interested in writing so I thought this might be a great place to chat with some like minded people.

vade mecum
Lieutenant Colonel

RE: Greetings from the Midwest

Postby vade mecum » Fri May 19, 2006 5:36 am

Greetings to you from another midwesterner. Indiana, or at least my part of it, does not offer many opportunities for interacting with other aspiring writers either. I am new to this forum, too, but already feel at home. Hope you will enjoy visiting here also.
Best wishes,
Carol

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Fri May 19, 2006 5:38 am

Welcome, Eric.  Wander on over to one of the forums and dive right in! 

(Take your hat off when you're inside, though.  The cowboys are still a little testy about that kind of thing.  There's a post full of nails right inside the double doors; just pick one and hang it up until you head back out into the bright sunlight.)

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Fri May 19, 2006 5:42 am

Eric, I'm only 52...if I remember correctly...and still consider myself young. Welcome to the forum.

Jack

Oh...to be 29 again and know what I think I know now.

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Fri May 19, 2006 8:36 am

Pssst, Lisa, you said:   (Take your hat off when you're inside, though.  The cowboys are still a little testy about that kind of thing.  There's a post full of nails right inside the double doors; just pick one and hang it up until you head back out into the bright sunlight.)

Ok, this is just between us, ok?  point out the cowboys.  Real ones-- not ones like the old saying "all hat and no cattle". You know-- slightly bowlegged, wearing Wrangler jeans, with a ironed crease, a new hat to wear in company, a twang is nice, maybe some rodeo money in their pockets, no chaw, know their manners, good dancers (all that horseback riding), and well .... pardon, while I swoon.

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Fri May 19, 2006 8:42 am

Welcome, sorry I got distracted . Sorry about your painful butt.  Can you write the music for your songs?  You're going to be 30 soon.  It's a turning point.  But one that is good for a writer.   

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Fri May 19, 2006 8:54 am

eaplummer

Postby eaplummer » Fri May 19, 2006 9:32 am

Yep..30 is just around the corner. Although, I'm not nearly as freaked out as some of my friends are about it. It's just another day to.

I picked up a guitar recently and started to teach myself some basic chords to see if I could get some music together to go along with some of my lyrics. Writing the lyrics comes a lot easier and more natural than the guitar though. So, I'll keep you posted.

JRSmith
Private First Class

Postby JRSmith » Fri May 19, 2006 9:50 am

Next

Return to Introductions