[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Refugee from another writer's on-line club. : Introductions • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Refugee from another writer's on-line club.

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
Cragy
Private E-1

RE: Refugee from another writer's on-line club.

Postby Cragy » Fri May 19, 2006 2:07 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. Glad to see there is at one smart person on this site. Do you know all the English stuff?

Are crits a normal way of life around? Or do they just come through WD?

Craig

Cragy
Private E-1

Postby Cragy » Fri May 19, 2006 2:15 pm

Sounds like he is in the dumb parent stage. Both of my older boys went through it and came out in their twentiest year. Some advice, even if you don't need it, if you take everything away from him for one infraction there will be nothing left for the next.
Also, I found as my boys got older it helped if I started changing my identity from a parent to someone who would listen more and give less orders. I was getting pretty tired of the job anyway because I had reached the ineffective level. By the way, both of them turned out to be great guys. My past wife and I are not sure what happened. Good Luck, Craig

Cragy
Private E-1

Postby Cragy » Fri May 19, 2006 2:36 pm

Hi Jack, Thanks for the survival hints. Looking forward to your learned comments. Craig

Cragy
Private E-1

Postby Cragy » Fri May 19, 2006 2:50 pm

Karen, Thanks for the welcome. I was born on Saturday night, but at 1:30 AM which is really the next day, Sunday. The story is he had been at a party and was a little looped. Hence he didn't know what day it was. I'm not sure about the story, but it sure keep everybody confused for a long time about when my real B-day was. I didn't keep track, but I think some of them doubled up on presents occasionally, out of guilt probably. Last year I found out the SS government agency had the right number and set about to right the wrong. Got it, now I am legally one day older. Yeaaa! I've advanced one day away from that babyboomer hoard that is going to ruin my retirement. Got to learn to write selling stuff. I am trying to fatten up so I can make through those lean days.

PS It's had to hug your monitor with a beer in your hand. Almost got electrocuted. Craig

Cragy
Private E-1

Postby Cragy » Fri May 19, 2006 3:28 pm

Welcome to you also Mr. Newbie. Without an occasional newbie the vets around her would probably not have any contact with the outside world.

I'm glad you have heard about Moses, he was my grandson. I thought the big ruckus in the Sinai would be forgotten. Darned awful thing about that third tablet. Word around the camp had it that it contained the five things we could do and still have fun. One did leak through time, but was tagged as common sense folklore: "Thou can sow wild oats on Saturday, but you shall pray for crop failure on the Sabbath." Proving that overpopulation was a big deal in those days. The other four are lost. Now that might make a good flash subject.

Cragy Craig

yudelka
Captain

Postby yudelka » Fri May 19, 2006 7:55 pm

yudelka
Captain

Postby yudelka » Fri May 19, 2006 7:56 pm

yudelka
Captain

Postby yudelka » Fri May 19, 2006 8:00 pm

Welcome, Craig!
You are hereby the oldest human thing I've ever met. I'm privileged.

You'll certainly like this place, though it seems you already know that. Another lurker, huh?

Previous

Return to Introductions