[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Refugee from another writer's on-line club. : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Refugee from another writer's on-line club.

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

Cragy

Postby Cragy » Thu May 18, 2006 3:23 pm

Cragy

Postby Cragy » Thu May 18, 2006 3:23 pm

I'm from central Florida. Have been trying my hand at writing for about a year, but found the last group, even though very productive, was unable to discuss writing to any length. This site looks more promising, so thought I would take a shot. At least there is a lot of activity, which may keep me from writing.
I have a lot of kids, some of which have left and some that not going to for a long time. I am older than football and chocolate, primarily because I have two birthdays a year thanks to a party drunk delivery doctor. Got that straightened out last year, but not before the mishap put me seriously over 100. I'm told birthdays, actual or not cannot be removed even for large payments to the state. I guess I'll just have to suffer the usual insult when someone says, "Gosh, you look like you are in your early fifties, how could you really be that old." You know what, I don't even feel like I am in my fifties. Must be the kids.
I hope I will enjoy your company on cold and lonely nights, Cragy BYOM

vade mecum
Lieutenant Colonel

RE: Refugee from another writer's on-line club.

Postby vade mecum » Thu May 18, 2006 6:13 pm

Hi, sorry about your birthday problem. I have found one advantage of getting older is my memory can conveniently lapse when someone asks how old I am, and people are usually too polite to correct whatever age I say.

I didn't think Florida had cold nights. Guess I will have to retire somewhere farther south. :(

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Thu May 18, 2006 7:22 pm

Welcome Craig! We don't always talk about writing here (because all writers have some weird Writers-Only form of A.D.D., lol), but at least we'll keep you entertained.
Goodness, that birthday problem sounds very troublesome...:o
Godspeed,
Lynne

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Fri May 19, 2006 5:31 am

They say having kids when you're older will keep you young. 

It's a lie.

But with age comes aches, pains, and the ability to not care what other people think.  So, it all evens out somehow.

Welcome.  We're looking forward to hearing from you on the other forums.  Dive in.  We're a friendly bunch who enjoys discussing virtual birthday parties, dirty shower stalls, and how to decide when to use that or which.  We bash lazy editors who cannot be bothered to reply to queries, hold each other's hands when a dreaded rejection arrives, and cheer heartily for each success - great or small. 

We even cheer when someone figures out how to stop having two birthdays a year... I think the answer is birth control.  Any more kids, and it's going to be up to aging three times as fast!

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Fri May 19, 2006 5:58 am

Craig, welcome. And if nothing else, listen to Lisa. She's one of the smart ones. Dang, I shouldn't have said that. Now the others are going to want compliments too.

Craig, almost everyone here is smart and willing to offer praise and suggestions.

Just take everything I say with a grain of slat.

Jack

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Fri May 19, 2006 6:06 am

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Fri May 19, 2006 6:16 am

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Fri May 19, 2006 1:54 pm

Cragy, a warm big welcome *hugs monitor*.  I always like to hug my monitor to welcome the brave...

How in the world did you really get to have 2 birthdays...my kids would love to know this secret...it's the present thing - I think...

Nice to have you here.

Karen :)

nightscribe

Postby nightscribe » Fri May 19, 2006 2:00 pm

You have to have an old soul to write, digging through the decades helps add color, children add flavor but it's the mix that makes the magic.
(at least that's what I tell myself when my darling sons make cracks about Moses signing my yearbook)

Welcome from another newbie! :)

Next

Return to Introductions